PDA

View Full Version : Hobart VOR/DME

GA Driver
18th Dec 2018, 14:39
Whats the holdup? It’s been notamed out for a few years now yet seems to operating on ‘XP’ giving an accurate distance. Notamed until 28 Feb which which obviously get extended...

Why no can use?

machtuk
19th Dec 2018, 01:36
There's no published App's anymore at HB that use the old HB-VOR/DME & with the advent of GPS in just about everything that flies it matters none what they are doing with that installation.

GA Driver
19th Dec 2018, 02:28
You maybe correct about the approaches, but they refuse you any visual approaches or circuits since it’s gone, hence my question.

Sparrows.
19th Dec 2018, 07:27
You maybe correct about the approaches, but they refuse you any visual approaches or circuits since it’s gone, hence my question.

I believe that is due to not being able to separate traffic using DME distance and radials. Hence the invention of the STAR’s and SID for seperation.

Capn Bloggs
19th Dec 2018, 12:09
About time for an surveillance approach control...

compressor stall
19th Dec 2018, 12:20
Sparrows is on the money. Throw in issues with appeasing complaining locals too.

GA Driver
19th Dec 2018, 23:07
I believe that is due to not being able to separate traffic using DME distance and radials. Hence the invention of the STAR’s and SID for seperation.

Yes I understand why, hence my original question what’s the holdup! 2 years?? It’s not like Airservices decided to rid of it with the big NavAid condemning of 2017, the things already there and on!

Stationair8
19th Dec 2018, 23:19
Wasn’t the VOR/DME relocated to the eastern side of runway 12/30 to allow for the runway extension?

Bit like the Hamiliton Island VOR, still Notamed out of service after two years.

Oriana
20th Dec 2018, 09:50
What ever happened to the Tasmanian RNP approaches that were supposed to be running last year FFS.

HOBAY 3
22nd Dec 2018, 02:53
For a related issue, when will the new sixth and seventh passenger jet bays on the apron be operational, and how will they be squeezed in? Will jets be pushed back rather than turning under their own steam? Note the apron chart (http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/current/dap/MHBAP01-157_08NOV2018.pdf) is still showing only five (numbered one through five). See this story (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-19/hobart-airport-under-pressure-from-growing-visitor-numbers/10630256) for reference to the extra bays.

Capn Bloggs
22nd Dec 2018, 03:50
Will jets be pushed back rather than turning under their own steam?
They're doing that at another regional airport, Maroochy, so no reason why it couldn't be done at Hobart. Pushing back makes a lot of sense.