PDA

View Full Version : will emirates and flydubai could possibly merged

super380
15th Dec 2018, 11:27
simply this website is full of haters, they are unhappy and jealous of what the gulf airlines is going to.
just face it and admit it that your home airlines sucks, cheap and retarded. at least the gulf carriers are working hard to be the best not just depending on their past history
im french and i love dubai and im happy here , i dont think i will go back to france ever
simply if you want to fly like a king fly emirates

High Energy
15th Dec 2018, 16:16
hello pilots
as titled, will emirates and flydubai could possibly be merged?
any news rumors ??

Today no, tomorrow yes and vice versa. Would it be clever? Yes.

Look at all the synergies being pushed through suddenly. From codeshares, terminal moves, schedules and destination alignments to onboard advertisements and PA's. Rapid 738 fleet replacement by 7M8 and 7M9. flydubai this month alone will receive 5 new MAX aircraft with older NG's leaving the fleet.

The problem is IMHO the EK brand dillution and possible harm. The flydubai and EK product offerings are still too different. You need one brand, one product and service level.

fatbus
15th Dec 2018, 18:52
Too many big ego's in the way!

excrab
16th Dec 2018, 20:17
Well, whatever happened at Rostov, which remains to be determined by an investigation, at least flydubai didn’t destroy an aeroplane by forgetting to open the throttles on a go-around....

brewman187
17th Dec 2018, 18:30
execrab, I’m pretty sure we all know what happened. It was a tragic accident but don’t take what was said so personally. The EK accident was equally tragic and I feel for both because of the loss of life but being defensive because of your employer or friends isn’t the answer. I think ultimately that people are trying to point out irregularities or misconceptions and that is healthy in our business despite how how close you are to an accident or incident. That being said, I hope we all can learn from what happened to prevent it from occurring again. Just my thoughts.

Emma Royds
18th Dec 2018, 09:02
Well, whatever happened at Rostov, which remains to be determined by an investigation, at least flydubai didn’t destroy an aeroplane by forgetting to open the throttles on a go-around....

I trust such a post was typed ‘tongue in cheek’, so to speak.

excrab
18th Dec 2018, 10:14
I trust such a post was typed ‘tongue in cheek’, so to speak.

Of course it was, just as TBL warrior’s post obviously was 😁

Whst some Fz pilots may want the companies to merge because they feel it may be a shortcut to long haul command without learning the job from the right hand seat, it make more sense to merge the non-operational parts of the business such as HR, finance, etc but keep the 737 on a separate AOC, so it becomes “EMIRATES (operated by fly Dubai)”, in the same way that the US regionals and majors operate. But who knows, anything is possible.