PDA

View Full Version : Philippines Medical

Alphawunwun
14th Dec 2018, 01:40
Greetings to all,

Could you advise me on the medical requirements for colour visions In Philippines? Is there any alternative tests that can be taken beside Ishihara Test? And also, do you have any contacts or informations on whom is the Aviation Medical Examiner in Philippines that I can get in touch with? Really appreciate on all of your feedbacks.

Thank you.

Regards.

vmo340
16th Dec 2018, 03:39
Hi
from the following website CAAP from the Philippines

2.10.2.1.4 COLOR PERCEPTION REQUIREMENTS
(a) The applicant shall be required to demonstrate the ability to perceive readily those
colors the perception of which is necessary for the safe performance of duties.
(b) The applicant shall be tested for the ability to correctly identify a series of
pseudoisochromatic plates in daylight or in artificial light of the same color temperature such as that provided by CIE standard illuminants C or D2 as specified by the International Commission of Illumination (CIE). (c) An applicant obtaining a satisfactory result as prescribed by the Authority shall be assessed as fit. An applicant failing to obtain a satisfactory result in such a test shall be assessed as unfit unless able to readily distinguish the colors used in air navigation and correctly identify aviation colored lights. Applicants who fail to meet these criteria shall be assessed as unfit except for Class 2 assessment with the following restriction: valid daytime only.

pseudoisochrommatic plates= The Ishihara test is the first in a class of successful color vision tests called pseudo-isochromatic plates ("PIP")
you can check out this free online test: Google colorvisiontesting

As I dont have ten post I can not display links to the websites listed.

Alphawunwun
16th Dec 2018, 03:59
Hi there vmo340,

Thanks for your help.

As what stated above, ‘An applicant failing to obtain a satisfactory result in such a test shall be assessed as unfit unless able to readily distinguish the colors used in air navigation and correctly identify aviation colored lights.’

Could you share some insight for this ? Does it means by identifying solid colours or by taking lantern test etc.

Regards.