PDA

View Full Version : Amitriptyline

da00092
13th Dec 2018, 21:24
Does anybody have experience with trying to become medically re-validated after finishing a 3 month course of Amitriptyline?

blue up
14th Dec 2018, 18:51
It is mostly out of your system after about 48 hrs, IIRC. CAA will want 3 months or so off of it to ensure no symptoms persist.

This info is not checked as being current with the CAA so best to call them.

cavortingcheetah
14th Dec 2018, 21:40
I suspect that will depend on why you were prescribed Amitriptyline in the first place and of course, the dosage you were prescribed will tend to corroborate or confirm the reason for the prescription.
On the assumption that the medication was not prescribed for depression, I would suggest that you obtain as much evidence as possible to that effect, in the way of a letter from your medical practitioner. If you are invited in aviation then I would suggest that you do this anyway and just file the letter away in case you ever have to tick the right box/wrong box on a medical questionnaire.

421dog
16th Dec 2018, 04:19
If it was for depression, all bets are off pending an FAA HIMS eval, if it was a sleeper, or for neuropathic pain ( now resolved) nobody’s gonna care if you’re not still using it.

da00092
18th Dec 2018, 22:07
Thanks for replies. Can confirm there's certainly no depression involved. Will follow advice and keep all clinical correspondence.

da00092
18th Dec 2018, 22:09
Thanks for reply blue up.
I wasn't actually able to read your PM as my message quota as a new member is 1... which was taken by the message I sent you!
I've now deleted the message from my sentbox so if you are able to send me the PM again it should come through this time. Thanks.