PDA

View Full Version : Pilot resettlement

deltahotel
10th Dec 2018, 20:29
Way back there were pilot resettlement seminars where airlines could present themselves to Service pilots about to leave. I went to one at Kidlington in 99/00. Do they still happen and if so who would be a contact?

Thanks in advance

DH

VinRouge
10th Dec 2018, 20:44
Primarily done on LinkedIn these days .Either that or a pilot recruitment fayre at Gatwick, there are a few a year. Also, there are recruitment agencies (Kura, IAGO Platinum to name but 2) which do direct selection for the industry.

one or two still do direct mukka reccomendation to the recruitment team.

Service pilots meeting qualification criteria can also apply to BA via the Managed Path scheme.

mftx7jrn
11th Dec 2018, 15:42
Airline Prep run a good resettlement-type seminar detailing the state of the industry, airlines that are recruiting etc. Speakers are predominantly ex-military who have made the jump and are currently flying for the airlines. I believe they take place every couple of months and have received good feedback. It may be an option and, if nothing else, a good foundation to form some contacts in the industry.

deltahotel
11th Dec 2018, 18:31
Thanks. Approaching this more from a recruitment perspective- everyone’s recruiting and we’re all fishing in the same pond. Wondered if I could give recruiters any more avenues to explore.