PDA

View Full Version : SXF slot limited ?

atakacs
10th Dec 2018, 07:55
Being a quite regular user of this amazing place I notice that more and more departures are delayed due to slot restrictions. What was almost unheard 1-2 years ago now seems the norm, at least for morning flights.

Is this a new trend ? If so what will happen if / when BER is actually put into operation?!

virginblue
10th Dec 2018, 08:01
Amazing place? I sense some irony here.

I think these are airway restrictions, not runway restrictions.

atakacs
10th Dec 2018, 20:01
Yes this was ironic...

So there is a general congestion from Northern Germany toward south nowadays ?

easyflyer83
10th Dec 2018, 20:44
Being a quite regular user of this amazing place I notice that more and more departures are delayed due to slot restrictions. What was almost unheard 1-2 years ago now seems the norm, at least for morning flights.

Is this a new trend ? If so what will happen if / when BER is actually put into operation?!

Most slot restrictions these days have nothing to do with airport/airport infrastructure. They are generally born out of an inefficient air traffic system.

atakacs
11th Dec 2018, 06:00
Thanks for the clarification.

Did the situation markedly worsen over the past 18 months over Germany southbound?

easyflyer83
11th Dec 2018, 07:37
Generally speaking, airway slot restrictions across Europe have got worse in the last couple of years to the frustration of everyone.

atakacs
11th Dec 2018, 17:36
Generally speaking, airway slot restrictions across Europe have got worse in the last couple of years to the frustration of everyone.
again thanks for your input.

Is there a publicly available statistic about that?