PDA

View Full Version : PrivatAir in Switzerland and Germany file for insolvency and cease operations

sallyb13
6th Dec 2018, 12:35
In case any of you hadn't already heard - PrivatAir has filed for insolvency.

Who next?????

Old King Coal
6th Dec 2018, 14:32
Link to press release (https://www.privatair.com/last-news)
Baar, December 5th, 2018

It is with great sadness that PrivatAir SA, Switzerland, announces today that it has filed to commence insolvency proceeding in Switzerland. Likewise, its subsidiary PrivatAir GmbH in Germany has also filed for insolvency today.

Over the past few weeks, a number of events have had a significant impact on the companies’ future business forecast and viability, which forced the companies to file for insolvency.

PrivatAir was created in 1977 in Switzerland. It directly employs today 226 staff in Switzerland, Germany and Portugal. It also uses the services of 65 crew members via an external contracting entity for its operation in Middle East (Jeddah – Riyadh shuttle). It will remain known as a truly unique company built by amazing people who showed extreme dedication to their work and unmatched service levels, and proved many times that the impossible in aviation could be made possible.

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PrivatAir

Skyjob
6th Dec 2018, 16:21
Sad to see them go.
Used to be a great outfit.

Wickerbill
6th Dec 2018, 16:30
God that is a bit depressing. Had heard for a while there were problems, but it is sad to see another one go.

Hotel Tango
6th Dec 2018, 16:44
They have certainly been around for a long time. Very sad news.....again!

ATC Watcher
6th Dec 2018, 17:16
Great outfit, knew personally some of the guys in it (ex Sabena) They pioneered transatlantic ops in a all Business service on 737s BBJ for Lufthansa ( DUS-EWR )
Very sad to hear , I hope Lufthansa will take some of the Germany based staff on board..They served them well for a long time.

what next
6th Dec 2018, 19:56
...I hope Lufthansa will take some of the Germany based staff on board..They served them well for a long time.

You mean like they took over the staff of other contractors that served them well for a long time (e.g. Augsburg Ailines, Contactair, ...)?

Carbon Bootprint
6th Dec 2018, 21:57
Great outfit, knew personally some of the guys in it (ex Sabena) They pioneered transatlantic ops in a all Business service on 737s BBJ for Lufthansa ( DUS-EWR )I believe at one time they also operated an all-biz 737 shuttle IAH-AMS in conjunction with KLM. I guess being a contract player in markets like that is pretty much a niche thing. Too bad the model seems to have been unsustainable in the long run.

KANELA
25th Aug 2019, 10:04
Hi, I was reading through your comments. Is Privatair in Jeddah still running well? Last year I got a call from them saying I was shortlisted for vip Cabin crew. Then, I didn't hear back again. Maybe someone here experienced the same situation as me. Thx.

atakacs
25th Aug 2019, 10:25
I believe they rebranded as Tam Private aviation. Don't know about their hiring roaster.