PDA

View Full Version : SYD 60 mins 9/12/18

V-Jet
6th Dec 2018, 06:45
Joyce being advertised as Qantas' saviour by 60 mins and hard hitting journalist Karl Stefanovic for biopic puff piece advertorial on 9 this coming Sunday.

The advertising made me want to throw a brick through the TV and then call in sick for 3 weeks, but would it possibly have anything to do with Karl's great Mexico wedding???

I will NOT be watching but WILL be feeling ill!!!

Ushuaia
6th Dec 2018, 07:59
And there I was thinking you were doing a three day forecast that included a TEMPO TS or something.

V-Jet
6th Dec 2018, 08:06
My sincere apologies - anger got the better of me. Didn’t even put QF in the title.

Still not not feeling well:(

Rated De
6th Dec 2018, 09:09
Joyce being advertised as Qantas' saviour by 60 mins and hard hitting journalist Karl Stefanovic for biopic puff piece advertorial on 9 this coming Sunday.

The advertising made me want to throw a brick through the TV and then call in sick for 3 weeks, but would it possibly have anything to do with Karl's great Mexico wedding???

I will NOT be watching but WILL be feeling ill!!!

Well at least one member of the super secret Chairman's lounge is revealed.

As mainstream media continue its gradual decline, advertising spend (of which QF are big contributors) is crucial.

Read Yanis Varafoukis' description of TV interviews, where he was hounded mercilessly by the interviewer on air, only to be apologised to in the advert break.
The banks that were being critiqued were the sole source of advertising revenue for the ailing TV network.

Chairman's lounge, perpetual advertising spend and upgrades and junkets for those who toe the line.

One simply need do what most people do, don't watch!
Does anybody actually watch that junk anyway?

Fliegenmong
6th Dec 2018, 09:28
Yeah......cannot remember when I last watched 60 mins. ......... maybe mid 90s?......Many a year ago it was ok I think.....just rubbish now...

In fact I don't really watch TV at all ......

Don Diego
6th Dec 2018, 19:32
I would rather go to the dentist than watch that rubbish.

Australopithecus
6th Dec 2018, 19:59
I can't recall when I stopped watching TV, but I do recall being dazzled by the first flat screens until I remembered that ever-better technology was useless if the content was crap.

60 Minutes and A Current Affair are two shows that I particularly enjoy missing.

Kranz
6th Dec 2018, 20:48
Australian TV is effectively scheduled You Tube videos. In some instances it is even literally that.

cattletruck
7th Dec 2018, 10:20
Stopped watching 60 minutes many years ago. The format is now considered obsolete and stuck in a time warp - maybe that's why it works for the likes of AJ.

machtuk
7th Dec 2018, 21:35
Remember guys all this purported media garbage is aimed at the general public not a group of pilots etc! Mr & Mr's Joe Public love this sort of crap they believe anything that is on TV these days! We in the aviation community are the minority when it comes to propaganda advertising! QF are very cunning, don't forget that, led by the most cunning of them all behind a brand name that's untouchable in the publics eye !

TWT
7th Dec 2018, 23:54
Remember guys all this purported media garbage is aimed at the general public not a group of pilots etc! Mr & Mr's Joe Public love this sort of crap they believe anything that is on TV these days!

Don't get too carried away with your imagined superiority. Mr. & Mrs. Joe Public aren't as stupid as you think.

standard unit
8th Dec 2018, 00:13
Don't get too carried away with your imagined superiority. Mr. & Mrs. Joe Public aren't as stupid as you think.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/qantas-call-for-christmas-airport-volunteers-has-workers-seeing-red-20181207-p50kzk.html

Read the comments section to the above article if in any doubt as to how this is viewed by the public.

gordonfvckingramsay
8th Dec 2018, 00:17
Don't get too carried away with your imagined superiority. Mr. & Mrs. Joe Public aren't as stupid as you think

Mr & Mrs public still think that Qantas is:
a) the safest airline in the world
b) pilots do nothing for their hundreds of thousands of dollars
c) getting on a Qantas aeroplane means you get Qantas crew, service, maintenance etc etc
d) AJ is a great CEO

The public are dumb, need I say more.......?

machtuk
8th Dec 2018, 00:31
Mr & Mrs public still think that Qantas is:
a) the safest airline in the world
b) pilots do nothing for their hundreds of thousands of dollars
c) getting on a Qantas aeroplane means you get Qantas crew, service, maintenance etc etc
d) AJ is a great CEO

The public are dumb, need I say more.......?

I know that, you know that but some in here think otherwise:-):-)
The general public (majority) are essentially clueless of anything to do with aviation & QF relies on that, well as do the other Airlines, the power of publicity is in the Airlines favor !

TWT
8th Dec 2018, 07:22
I agree that the public's view of anything aviation is not well informed. Just as the views of pilots on issues relating to the medical profession ( for example) are not well informed. But that's to be expected as the majority of those not 'inside' have to rely on the media. God help them. I also agree with all comments about 60 Minutes. It's rubbish.

Better to say ' the public are uninformed' rather than 'the public are dumb' and 'they believe anything that is on TV'.

That's all :ok:

Blitzkrieger
8th Dec 2018, 07:34
“It is easier to fool people than to convince them
they have been fooled.”

Mark Twain

unobtanium
8th Dec 2018, 08:03
Looks like Karl just earned himself lifetime chairman lounge access and platinum status.

gordonfvckingramsay
8th Dec 2018, 10:20
Fair suck of the sav unobtanium. :E

wheels_down
9th Dec 2018, 08:09
Karl and his entourage flew QF to Mexico in First last week.

Interview with Hitler the following week.

Connected much?

Rated De
9th Dec 2018, 09:12

Connected much?

The true test of Little Napoleon's tenure and 'achievements' is his ability to hear and absorb constructive criticism.
The fact that he does neither speaks for itself.
Soft corruption is no endorsement of 'success'. Having to pay for someone to listen to how talented you are could be called something else.

While it is probably compulsory viewing for the few believers, most everybody else will have watched something else. A Hollywood product probably contained more fact than Karl could conjure, even with his most sincere face on display.

Capt Fathom
9th Dec 2018, 21:44
No doubt there will be continuous replays showing throughout the Office Network, with great crowds assembling around the screens! :yuk:

Tankengine
9th Dec 2018, 23:54
I would like to see the reactions of Buchanan, Strambie and Hickey. ;)

Blitzkrieger
10th Dec 2018, 03:21
hard hitting journalist Karl Stefanovic for biopic puff piece

Biopic or myopic?

Scuse the pun ;)

cattletruck
10th Dec 2018, 08:51
A Hollywood product probably contained more fact than Karl could conjure

Memphis Bell was playing on another channel and although the acting was ho-hum the flyable 3 x B17Gs were quite spectacular.

Channel surfing on the way there I stumbled across a scene on channel 9 of three chummy blokes in a pub drinking stout and talking in Irish accents. The fact that their glasses were all full seemed to suggest it was all contrived for both the camera and mug punter.

73to91
10th Dec 2018, 18:58

Connected much?
Cash for Comment?

He also traveled on staff travel. Staff travel and access to the Chairman’s Lounge! Must have been part of the Nine/Macquarie/QANTAS EBA