PDA

View Full Version : Whats next, easyJet rejecetion

Fraser19
3rd Dec 2018, 19:43
Hi there

I recently had my stage 3 assessment day for Esayjet's MPL at CAE Oxford. Unfortunately I was successful, not gonna lie I was pretty gutted.

I'm half way through my masters and currently looking for airline programmes.

I recently found myself in a very fortunate position where I can fund pilot training however would only feel comfortable spending that money with an airline 'tagging' me and not doing the white-tail route.

Is there any rumours on other airlines opening up soon? What should I be looking to do to prepare better for next time?

Thanks Fraser

BaronVonBarnstormer
3rd Dec 2018, 20:20
Hi there

I recently had my stage 3 assessment day for Esayjet's MPL at CAE Oxford. Unfortunately I was successful, not gonna lie I was pretty gutted.

I recently found myself in a very fortunate position where I can fund pilot training however would only feel comfortable spending that money with an airline 'tagging' me and not doing the white-tail route.

Is there any rumours on other airlines opening up soon? What should I be looking to do to prepare better for next time?

Thanks Fraser

I was in exactly your position a few years ago. There are three things I would recommend:

1. Keep trying. It took me a few attempts, but I made it on to an airline programme. There will be other schemes opening.
2. Don't can your masters just to get on an airline scheme. Get the qualifications and if you can't immediately get on to the scheme you want, you can go and work in other industries why you still apply. I have an engineering degree, and having some work experience leading projects, managing budgets and being face to face with customers helped me no end at the interview stages.
3. Go and get some professional interview training, either a 1:1 course or a group course. I used AirlinePrep and they were absolutely brilliant, I've also heard good reviews about Flight Deck Wingman. They will conduct mock interviews and aptitude testing and really drill down into what you can improve.

Fraser19
4th Dec 2018, 16:30
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I had a friend that had 5 applications before getting onto and airline and he's now fully qualified.

What engineering course did you do? Got a 2:1 for my honours year in Mechanical Engineering so hopefully can do just as well in my masters.

Never considered getting professional interview training but will definitely consider for next time. We have a careers service at our uni but was fully booked and couldn't get an appointment which was disappointing.

Thanks for the advice anyway

RHSandLovingIt
4th Dec 2018, 19:02
Hi there

Yeah... EasyJet is a horrible place to be... :}

But seriously tho...
What should I be looking to do to prepare better for next time?
As already mentioned, seriously consider some of the prep courses on offer... I messed up my first "proper" airline interview. Part of it was wanting it a bit too much (so that I could get out of the terrible situation I was in at the time)... and I just put too much pressure on myself. Some of it was just bad prep. The feedback I got on my assessment was that it was mainly the sim and the personal interview that had let me down. Everything else was fine.

Second time around... I spent some $$$ and did some sim sessions, I figured a few hundred dollars was insignificant compared to the thousands that I have invested in my aviation so far... Unfortunately, we don't really have this prep courses in my part of the world, so instead I used the feedback from the first experience... and picked the brains of friends and acquaintances who had been through the process and were working at the airline to get a feel for what they're really wanting to know/hear... cost me a few coffees and cafe lunches, but end result?

I finished Day 2 of Line Training yesterday ;)

Also, did you ask for (or did they offer) any feedback regarding exactly what let you down? If you didn't get that feedback, it's really hard to know what you need to work on for next time... Like I said, I got some fairly brutal and honest feedback the first time around and that gave me some really good points to start from when prepping for the next one. So, if you didn't get any, I'd seriously consider contacting them to see if you can get some feedback.

Mlambin
5th Dec 2018, 16:01
Hi there

Thanks Fraser

Nevermind I think I miss read the original post.