PDA

View Full Version : Best 787/777/737 opportunities

flyinghigh19
3rd Dec 2018, 17:12
Happy December all,

Just throwing a new thread out there..
type rated on all the above aircraft and wondering what people deem as the best opportunities out there as an FO, be it commercial or private, Europe or Middle East. Pay, T&C’s, everything thrown in is like to gather thought on the different options out there.
Thanks
Fly safe!

Riskybis
3rd Dec 2018, 17:16
Happy December all,

Just throwing a new thread out there..
type rated on all the above aircraft and wondering what people deem as the best opportunities out there as an FO, be it commercial or private, Europe or Middle East. Pay, T&C’s, everything thrown in is like to gather thought on the different options out there.
Thanks
Fly safe!

If you want 777/787 in the UK it’s pretty limited,
either Virgin or BA .
Virgin have a much better starting package and you won’t have to wait around 15 years for a command

Matey
4th Dec 2018, 00:00
787/737 TUI. They are looking to qualify pilots 737 NG/MAX Summer and 787 Winter.

Globally Challenged
4th Dec 2018, 04:43
Define best?

its chalk & cheese.

Does best mean the most money (invariably in a poor location) or does it mean sleeping in your own bed every night?

perhaps decide what you are looking for and then looking for the best match to that.

flyinghigh19
4th Dec 2018, 09:56
Define best?

its chalk & cheese.

Does best mean the most money (invariably in a poor location) or does it mean sleeping in your own bed every night?

perhaps decide what you are looking for and then looking for the best match to that.

I think the main things are T&C’s and pay. Location for me would be workable depending on where it actually is. I believe cargo in Europe has some good operators but unfortunately don’t know many people in this sector to confirm it

Trossie
6th Dec 2018, 10:15
You need to decide if you want money or lifestyle. It’s hard to achieve both.

For me all I desire these days is easy 2 sector days, max 2.5 hour sectors, home every night, home regional base, winter months off. Max 500 hours a year. No night flying. Mortgage payment covered.

You won't be flying a "787/777/737" then! Just thinking of those "max 2.5 hour sectors" and "No night flying" bits. Why do you want "winter months off"? Unless you have plans to 'up sticks' to the southern hemisphere during that time, why do you want to be 'off' during the dark, gloomy, wet and miserable months?

I think the main things are T&C’s and pay. Location for me would be workable depending on where it actually is. I believe cargo in Europe has some good operators but unfortunately don’t know many people in this sector to confirm it

I've heard comment that "cargo in Europe" is one of the best kept secrets in the industry but those people in that sector seem to be very good at keeping that secret! Anyone out there to 'spill the beans'? (There aren't any 787 freighters yet, are there?)

fatbus
6th Dec 2018, 14:18
Winters off means skiing or holidays south . I've done both 2.5x2 per day (737/320) and 17 ULR (380), if you could get a proper ULR roster it can't be beat . IF ! I have mates working 8-10 day a month ULR and the love it , also have mates 380 EK and hate it . Day time turns are great + 15 days off !

Sick
6th Dec 2018, 19:27
Jet2 might be worth consideration if you want winters off. Most people want the summer off, in which case jet2 would be, erm.. less good!