PDA

View Full Version : Brexit & Licence Change of State

para_trooper
2nd Dec 2018, 09:59
Hello all,

I've completed all my paperwork to change my licence to IAA to ensure I can complete my CPL/ME/IR and apply for jobs outside of the UK (and in the UK) post Brexit - there's just too much uncertainty of what will happen, if anything is going to happen and what the long-term consequences will be. So I'm playing safe and changing to another EASA state.

I've heard a lot of people in a similar situation say "it'll be alright, something will be sorted, we'll always be able to fly under EASA what ever happens". Are they just being nieve and burying their heads? - that's how it looks to me or maybe I'm just being a pessimist?

What are everyone else's thoughts, are you changing state, who are you changing to?

The other snag I have is that I have an IR(R). Worst case it looks as though I'll get it back post 29th March where I can then apply for a UK national licence. Anyone know of another solution? I've heard that I can apply for a UK national licence to keep my UK national ratings but haven't had anything conclusive on this - I am planning to phone the CAA this coming week for clarification.

janrein
2nd Dec 2018, 23:00
There is a thread on this subject running since April 2018 on the Rumours & News forum

EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid (https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/607757-ec-notice-brexit-issued-licenses-certificates-invalid.html)

jr

selfin
3rd Dec 2018, 23:43
I've heard that I can apply for a UK national licence to keep my UK national ratings but haven't had anything conclusive on this - I am planning to phone the CAA this coming week for clarification.

Don't waste your time. The head of the department doesn't have a clue how to handle applications for UK licences. Send in an application citing article 152 of the Air Navigation Order and pursue a regulation 6 appeal if rejected.

asmith474
14th Dec 2018, 13:29
could someone help me out on what steps I should take

I have a class 1 medical from the UK. Havent actually started any flying lessons yet but will be starting my PPL in poland after january. How would i go about changing my medical to a polish medical ? Would I just have to re do an initial first class medical in poland?