PDA

View Full Version : Danny

n5296s
28th Nov 2018, 14:15
I flew Virgin yesterday LHR-SFO. The captain went through the usual flight deck introductions... my First Officer today is Danny Fyne. Couldn't resist, went and said hello, and actually met the man! Even have a photo to prove it.

flash8
28th Nov 2018, 15:12
That is great! I always remember Danny getting the 757 (or was it the HS748?) the same time as my PPL, back in '98, well the latter for sure, the former I am almost sure!

He was a good moderator/owner in the days before the sale (2008?) and his work exposing "the guv" was sterling, golly, that is going back fifteen years.... how time flies.

rogerg
28th Nov 2018, 15:46
Whose Danny?

Vzlet
28th Nov 2018, 15:52
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/danny-fyne-6aa79049

rogerg
28th Nov 2018, 15:56
thanks, we live and learn.

Vzlet
28th Nov 2018, 15:57
(I just learned that about ten minutes ago!)

meleagertoo
28th Nov 2018, 16:16
Whose Danny?
Our Danny, of course! Who else's?

racedo
28th Nov 2018, 16:50
Whose Danny?

Backin the midst of time (pre you and me joining) as a mist appears and the temperature cools decidedly while a wolf howls in background,
there were people who set this up like Danny and other who kept it running on half a shoestring............ they couldn't afford the shoestring.

Many people have come and gone like Pop, Alec, Coffman, they still here everyday but they are among the clouds with CAVOK being the call from the tower and we miss them all. Others have fallen out with the barkeeps and mosied on down the road to frequent other establishments like Slasher (he was real), Cape, Ofso. While others have fallen foul of various litigants and legally can't post.

Course I could just say a founder but been always known for making a short story, long. :)

Pontius Navigator
28th Nov 2018, 16:58
And the Guv?

flash8
28th Nov 2018, 17:39
And the Guv?
The Guvnor....

Memory failing me PN!!

like Slasher The likes of we will never see again :(

lomapaseo
28th Nov 2018, 17:54
whoa! too many quotes above and names mixed with the response to sort out. !

VP959
28th Nov 2018, 17:59
The likes of we will never see again :(

Slasher is still around and active at "the other place".

One Outsider
28th Nov 2018, 18:01
The likes of we will never see again :(

Thank God.

flash8
28th Nov 2018, 18:46
whoa! too many quotes above and names mixed with the response to sort out. !Sorry lomapaseo, although I am sure you are familiar with the names, for those that are not:

Danny... founder and mod until I think around 2008 when he sold the site.

The Guvnor.... a nasty piece of work, fantasist and arch-enemy of Danny... who got him put away quite rightfully for nasty kiddy stuff.. can't recall the gory details but around fifteen years ago.

Slasher... a legend... I have to say... from what I recall of his profile read something like "Part-time 'Nam 737 skipper... full-time foul mouthed pervert"... or thereabouts... one of a kind... think he was Australian...

Mac the Knife
28th Nov 2018, 19:06
PPruNe (or Jet Blast anyway) was a very different animal all those years ago.
There was even an Agony Aunt!

So many names from the past - and so many really super,
well informed, closely argued threads from passionate people.

Me, I miss 'ol Tartan Gannet most (and Slasher and Old Rugged Cross, Unwell Raptor and...)

Mac

ShyTorque
28th Nov 2018, 22:42
See the forum members such as Mac the Knife who have a few extra words under their nom-de-plume?
They are some of the "old gang" who were persuaded to chuck a few quid to the founder to keep this boat afloat.
Some of us go way back to the start, in 1995 (I certainly do, but then under a different name).

OldCessna
28th Nov 2018, 22:57
I believe “The Guvnor” is still staying in the big house in Scotland

flash8
28th Nov 2018, 23:40
See the forum members such as Mac the Knife who have a few extra words under their nom-de-plume?
Ahhh yes that was around 2004/2005... when I was too tight assed unfortunately.... always regretted that.

MYSTERY: Mind you I have never understood (and have been meaning to ask him) why PN insisted on keeping the text that was shown just after the name thingy was withdrawn for a while even though he had paid!

TowerDog
29th Nov 2018, 00:54
. They are some of the "old gang" who were persuaded to chuck a few quid to the founder to keep this boat afloat.

Yup, my first PayPal transaction

NutLoose
29th Nov 2018, 01:24
Looked at what other sites the company bought and was surprised to see they bought into a modelling one, whoo i thought, I knock out model kits all the time so went to have a look, the only common thing was they didn't have their kit on. :cool:

Clare Prop
29th Nov 2018, 01:40
Whatever became of Captain IF Snailtrails?

When I first joined there was Rumours and News and Jet Blast...that was it!

krismiler
29th Nov 2018, 02:26
The Guvnor was a fantasy merchant who claimed to be starting a cargo airline using L1011s and to have been involved in various other aviation ventures in Africa. Believed to have been posting under a couple of other IDs as well. Got put away for kiddie fiddling.

cattletruck
29th Nov 2018, 08:29
Wasn't Danny originally a school teacher (if memory serves me well) before he took the plunge? I vaguely seem to recall offering him best wishes on the funding of his new endeavours and congratulations on his progress. I also recall him telling some stories on flying around Europe as an FO.

...or have my brains started to scramble, it was quite a while ago.

Pontius Navigator
29th Nov 2018, 08:32
Ahhh yes that was around 2004/2005... when I was too tight assed unfortunately.... always regretted that.

MYSTERY: Mind you I have never understood (and have been meaning to ask him) why PN insisted on keeping the text that was shown just after the name thingy was withdrawn for a while even though he had paid!
I didn't pay and obviously missed someone off.

matkat
29th Nov 2018, 09:10
I believe “The Guvnor” is still staying in the big house in Scotland

And long may he stay there, I met him once face to face (Before he was outed) not a pleasant experience.

flash8
29th Nov 2018, 09:41
Wasn't Danny originally a school teacherIf I recall correctly he was an Electronics Engineer/Technician whose first job was on the HS748 up north.... that's going back some, more than twenty years!

SOPS
29th Nov 2018, 09:48
I have been here since the beginning and I paid 😀😀

ramble on
29th Nov 2018, 11:35
VP959 what is the other place....? I am a bit slow on the uptake!

racedo
29th Nov 2018, 17:57
Looked at what other sites the company bought and was surprised to see they bought into a modelling one, whoo i thought, I knock out model kits all the time so went to have a look, the only common thing was they didn't have their kit on. :cool:

A Slasher site ?

racedo
29th Nov 2018, 18:10
The Guvnor.... a nasty piece of work, fantasist and arch-enemy of Danny... who got him put away quite rightfully for nasty kiddy stuff.. can't recall the gory details but around fifteen years ago..

So his services to mankind are two fold.....

Creating a site where we can wile away the hours, posting to our hearts content, lot of crap and garbage (well JB anyway), that would have us barred from most pubs as Pub Bores..

Getting a scumbag locked up.

Think the latter makes him a god............ feel like he deserves something like this, All Hail Danny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxSgdVHWJoE

VP959
29th Nov 2018, 18:24
VP959 what is the other place....? I am a bit slow on the uptake!

Given that the answer to this question was deleted, presumably by the mods, I don't think it's wise to name it here. Sorry.

Hussar 54
29th Nov 2018, 19:50
If I recall correctly he was an Electronics Engineer/Technician whose first job was on the HS748 up north.... that's going back some, more than twenty years!

I think I met Danny one miserable evening when he was flying 748s for Channel out of Liverpool during the 90s.

I certainly met him a few years ago when he was the FO on a 747 flight to, I'm fairly sure but it could have been somwhere else out west, Barbados.

Always thought Danny must be one of the few people in life for whom ' 747 ' was actually a step up from ' 748 '.

PPRuNe Towers
29th Nov 2018, 20:06
Danny cut his teeth on the Bandierante out of Leeds. 748 was a step up. Partly size but mainly sleeping in his own bed or the Isle of Man's Cherry Orchard hotel. I joined the internet to cover his nightstops.

Reality check: PPRuNe was triggered to cover the North West of the UK to find himself a jet job similar to mine. Email service originally as expats joining up could only get a rationed 5 or 10 minutes a day.

Rob

Hussar 54
29th Nov 2018, 20:14
I think I met Danny one miserable evening when he was flying 748s for Channel out of Liverpool during the 90s.

I certainly met him a few years ago when he was the FO on a 747 flight to, I'm fairly sure but it could have been somwhere else out west, Barbados.

Always thought Danny must be one of the few people in life for whom ' 747 ' was actually a step up from ' 748 '.

Edited to add - Now I think about it, it was Emerald, not Channel.

Dea Certe
29th Nov 2018, 21:15
Danny is a heck of a man and I miss him too! Slasher entertained me but he did get a little too raunchy at times. Ah, the sands of time pass through the hourglass! I’m grateful for laughs and insights we shared.

redsnail
29th Nov 2018, 22:50
IF Snailtrails has probably passed away. An absolute shame. When he posted in JB, it was pure filth but very funny with it. Any other forum, eg Techlog, very informative and well worth reading.
I joined a smidge after the email time. Loved it. Hilarious.
Danny was a warm and generous host to a wide eyed Aussie on her first European vacation. Thanks.

The PPRuNe bashes were legendary for all the wrong/right reasons. :D When you get over 100 people flying in from around the world to go to a party, you've done something right.

Blacksheep
30th Nov 2018, 13:35
You want a legend? Captain IF Snailtrails was a proper legend. Makes Slasher look a bit of a Snowflake. :}

OldCessna
30th Nov 2018, 14:24
And long may he stay there, I met him once face to face (Before he was outed) not a pleasant experience.

I met him once. Came over to my office with the Airport Director who he had conned into thinking he would bring his airline and open a base.

Nasty individual.

Even in prison he started suing the prison staff. I bet they made his life miserable!

racedo
30th Nov 2018, 14:36
I met him once. Came over to my office with the Airport Director who he had conned into thinking he would bring his airline and open a base.

Nasty individual.

Even in prison he started suing the prison staff. I bet they made his life miserable!

Is he still inside ?

Evanelpus
30th Nov 2018, 19:16
Is he still inside ?

Hopefully, in the showers, scumbag!

End of.

OldCessna
1st Dec 2018, 03:01
Is he still inside ?

Here's a bit more on him

https://theukdatabase.com/2012/11/19/neil-robertson-troon/

I don't know if he is still incarcerated but given todays climate he is probably out and about!

lomapaseo
1st Dec 2018, 15:05
From the link above

It is understood Robertson had to have several teeth removed because of what a health expert described as “negligent” dental work.

I would imagine that the negligentcy involved the lack of dental tools and bare fists in a cell environment

G-CPTN
1st Dec 2018, 16:03
2003:-
Robertson presented a considerable danger to the public and should serve at least six years in jail.
He stressed it did not follow that he would be released then and it would be up to the parole board to decide when Robertson should be freed.
That he was still incarcerated in 2012 means that he failed to impress the parole board (or maybe he wants to remain and be paid compensation?)