PDA

View Full Version : best airline for retirement

Slobby
25th Nov 2018, 16:36
Dear friends. After 25 years of flying several airlines, I am about to change again. I have worked for a few nice airlines and worked with people whom became all my friends, but i am looking for a place where i can find retirement I am European, have worked in the Caribbean, Europa and Asia. I am holder of EASA, HKg and FAA licence. I still have a good 14 year to go, but would like to settle down at a company where people are happy to be, I do not mind working and are happy to contribute, But if there is a place where we are all good be happy to settle down please share. Thank you for your time and contribution . Slobby

srjumbo747
25th Nov 2018, 17:40
If you’ve got the money to retire then why fly? You’re effectively keeping someone out of a job and if you’ve got loads of money then buy a small aircraft and fly your friends and family around to wherever and whenever you want!

Snapper5
25th Nov 2018, 18:16
Probably Virgin , could potentially get command in 9 years on an A350 or B787 , and have a good time . And it’s like being part time (because of the 750 year limit)
Also very good starting pay , although the pension won’t be as good in the future for new joiners but it’s still not to be snuffed at

FlipFlapFlop
25th Nov 2018, 19:02
If you’ve got the money to retire then why fly? You’re effectively keeping someone out of a job and if you’ve got loads of money then buy a small aircraft and fly your friends and family around to wherever and whenever you want!
Where did he say he had plenty of money or anything about his personal position ? Indeed, what relevance it has anyway escapes me. And as for keeping someone out of a job.....probably the most stupid comment I have read on here for a while.

BluSdUp
25th Nov 2018, 20:17
This thread has been moved!
Back to the 70s

costalpilot
26th Nov 2018, 16:35

because he wants to?

NoelEvans
26th Nov 2018, 17:44
Try cargo.

My last sim check was with an extremely experienced 'external' TRE. In the debrief he said that he had done several sim checks in our airline and what has stood out is that we are a happy airline. If an outsider sees it the way we do then that's good enough confirmation for me!

We have an excellent lifestyle and the work itself is 'hassle free' compared with what I have done before.

And the fastest growing sector of the airline industry, so probably a good place to go for another 14 years of job security.

(And I agree with FlipFlapFlop about that stupid post.)

kendrick47247
26th Nov 2018, 20:56

Possibly the stupidest comment ever posted on this forum

Falling_Penguin
27th Nov 2018, 08:00
Noel Evans,

Tried to send you a PM - can you clear your stored messages out?
Thanks,

FP

SID PLATE
27th Nov 2018, 11:35
Best airline for retirement ? From experience, RYR.

After setting the parking brake on your last sector, the sun immediately comes out, bluebirds sing overhead, and all is well with the world once more ......

NoelEvans
29th Nov 2018, 10:12
Sid, I think that Slobby means 'retire into' rather than 'retire from'!

I also note that someone has posted on another thread (asking about jobs) recommending 4 airlines and 3 of them are cargo. It's the way to go. (Unless you feel that appearing in front of pax in your uniform is more important than enjoying your flying!)

samca
30th Nov 2018, 16:01
Best airline for retirement ? From experience, RYR.

After setting the parking brake on your last sector, the sun immediately comes out, bluebirds sing overhead, and all is well with the world once more ......

hahahahaha this is the best joke I ever read in this forum. 😀

Daddy Fantastic
30th Nov 2018, 20:25

Always one of you...you just had to be THAT GUY!!

M33
2nd Dec 2018, 19:30
Loganair. Most enjoyable flying.