PDA

View Full Version : Change Flight School ?

batmax
25th Nov 2018, 15:49
Following proplem, I was currently under training and just finished my ground school for my ATPL. On my Flightphase 1 I flow ~ 18h . But I am really unhappy with my current flightschool: No student support, no recruitment support and for 80.000 Euro they just give a f***. This is why I want to change my flight school. I allready talked with some schools and they are willing to allow me continuing my flight training ( Because I bring them some money..., yeah I know).

But now my question. Will it be a big disadvantage to change the school, regarding interviews etc. ? I think I will be able to explain it easily, but in general?

Money: I would safe 10.000Euro and my current flight school would refund me the full amount for my 2.FP.

Pilot_Beck
26th Nov 2018, 15:49
If you are a modular student,I don't see reasons why you would have problems regarding interviews. A lot of modular students get each license in a different school.
Can I ask you what school were you thinking to go?

batmax
13th Jan 2019, 23:59
Hi thank you for the reply and sorry for my late answer. I am an Abinitio student and I signed the new contract last week. But by now I am really nervous because I think a change in flight school is not that good, but my previous flight school was just horrible, even with its big name. I have a credit and I also could start studying medicine.

flybyschool
28th Jan 2019, 14:04
Hi thank you for the reply and sorry for my late answer. I am an Abinitio student and I signed the new contract last week. But by now I am really nervous because I think a change in flight school is not that good, but my previous flight school was just horrible, even with its big name. I have a credit and I also could start studying medicine.

Hi
I believe there is no detrimental issue for changing schools
We have received students from other schools (both modular and integrated) and don't believe that has been an issue for them
The opposite also applies... some students that completed their training elsewhere also completed their training.

I don't believe you will have an issue because of that

Good luck
Cheers

marc.stephens
30th Jan 2019, 09:05
I changed my school in the middle of the training and I was truly happy with the decision. It's never too late.

CaptainPugwash12
9th Feb 2019, 20:51
I was with Aeros flight training, they messed me and well most people around and took money from our flying accounts without permission. I left and went elsewhere, best thing I ever did, others stayed and ran out of money with half a licence and another guy took over a year to do his IR as they keep fleecing him.

Life isnt perfect and employers know that, just have a good reason of why you changed if you are asked at interview but it probably wont come up.

Good luck!

PPL152
22nd Feb 2019, 08:38
So I booked my CPL ME IR with a flying school, months in advance where they promised the course will be finished within a certain number of weeks. To secure the booking I needed to pay a deposit.
A month before the actual course start date they say the initial projection of the timeframe is not possible and it is now plus another two to three weeks and in addition they want another deposit of about 25% of the course price.
Is this acceptable practice?

Deepskram
2nd Feb 2020, 10:34
May I ask where you ended up completing, CaptainPugwash?