PDA

View Full Version : ela1 aircraft on Minimum Inspection Programme

turbopropmike
22nd Nov 2018, 09:44
Hi all, I am a bit late for the aircraft owners party and plently of things I ignore.

I was wondering what kind of maintenance can the pilot owner do for an ELA1 aircraft on a mininum inspection programme ..Do I need a part66 engineer to sign off any kind of tasks? or just the annual arc renewal inspector is enough?

many thanks

Curlytips
22nd Nov 2018, 16:22
There's a list of items that the pilot owner is allowed to do himself, but it's all pretty straightforward stuff (a little more than you would do on the old 50 hour LAMP check), and for anything major you need an engineer signing it off....

Mine is on the MIP template (to which you add necessary ADs and anything advisable) but although it's a 100 hour between inspections officially, I still do 50 hour checks as if it was still on LAMP! There isn't actually any great savings to be made, as engineers still seem to do everything as previously, and they have to check your paperwork too......

turbopropmike
24th Nov 2018, 23:26
There's a list of items that the pilot owner is allowed to do himself, but it's all pretty straightforward stuff (a little more than you would do on the old 50 hour LAMP check), and for anything major you need an engineer signing it off....

Mine is on the MIP template (to which you add necessary ADs and anything advisable) but although it's a 100 hour between inspections officially, I still do 50 hour checks as if it was still on LAMP! There isn't actually any great savings to be made, as engineers still seem to do everything as previously, and they have to check your paperwork too......

thanks Curlytips