PDA

View Full Version : CASA on the move again ( Brisbane)

Meggsy
22nd Nov 2018, 04:21
So the CASA Brisbane Office is o the move again. this time off to Anne St in the CBD. I cannot understand why CASA continues to close airport located offices preferring to move to a CBD location
. There are numerous tax funded reports, The green Paper, The Forsyth report, CASA white paper that intimates that CASA needs to have a presence at the airports. It seems that CASA is trying to make it ever increasingly difficult for industry to access the local offices. With poor Public transport access from the airport and parking almost the most expensive in Australia. Looks like they are hell bent on reducing public exposure and access.

4 Holer
22nd Nov 2018, 11:35
Excellent... Less eyes at the airport during the week now can get upto no good during the week. Was restricted to Bandito activity on the weekends while they were sleeping. AWSOME.

22nd Nov 2018, 13:16
Move them back to Archerfield.

Rated De
22nd Nov 2018, 18:31
Serial pests are known to migrate looking for new hosts.

Capt Fathom
22nd Nov 2018, 18:48
Before they moved to near the airport, they were in Wickham St., Fortitude Valley.

triadic
22nd Nov 2018, 21:51
It's all about cost. It is cheaper in the city than at BNE who charge heaps I am told. Never mind the industry access etc. The move will cost big time, but I guess they have done their sums and it will be cheaper over the period of the lease......

LeadSled
22nd Nov 2018, 21:59
It's all about cost. It is cheaper in the city than at BNE who charge heaps I am told. Never mind the industry access etc. The move will cost big time, but I guess they have done their sums and it will be cheaper over the period of the lease......

Folks,
The selection of restaurants and bars around the present office is appalling.
Tootle pip!!

Dangly Bits
22nd Nov 2018, 22:26
From the CASA website. Under About us, Senate order on agency contracts.Patella Properties Australia Pty LtdBrisbane Office Rent, Outgoings and Energy (01Dec14 - 31Nov19)$13,855,825.121/12/201430/11/2019So a five year contract for rent at $13,855,825.12 divided by 5 = $2,771,168.03 per year divided by 52 weeks = $53,291.69 in rent per week!

That's a lot of money down the drain in my book!

ramble on
23rd Nov 2018, 01:41
The old Valley office was so good back in the day - run by a great lady -. Drop in for the latest amendments, free VTCs and safety mags.

23rd Nov 2018, 13:06
$53,291.69 in rent per week

Add the cost of parking in the CBD to stakeholders and the actual cost to the industry will go through the roof.
Back to Archerfield.

LeadSled
23rd Nov 2018, 21:57
Add the cost of parking in the CBD to stakeholders and the actual cost to the industry will go through the roof.
Back to Archerfield.

Folks,
Don't forget that the move to Eagle Farm, and the site becoming almost but not quite CASA HO, was all part of some kind of deal with the QLD. government, with incentives, to move slabs of CASA bureaucracy to Queensland ---- it was, supposedly, all about cost reduction.

In NSW, the move from YSSY/YSBK to Sydney CBD blew overall costs and productivity out the window, and it worked both way ---- the time and cost for any industry participants to get into the Sydney office is deplorable, and who remembers the fight over costs, when CASA wanted to charge the full hourly rate for FOIs/AWIs stuck in traffic for hours, a regular occurrence on the long thin carpark called the M5.

I find it very difficult to believe that prime CBD office accommodation in Brisbane is cheaper than industrial fringe business parks ---- and I do have some limited knowledge of such things.
Tootle pip!!

Rated De
23rd Nov 2018, 22:31
'In the never ending pursuit of human advancement, bureaucracy represents the barb wire fence wrapped ever increasingly tightly,around the axle of progress.' -Anon

The mistake the citizenry make is that the assume bureaucracy is as the name states; public service.
Behind the scenes, this flimsy facade is unnecessary.
Emboldened by sticking fingered, self interest politicians bureaucracy does precisely what it has always done; survive, consolidate and expand.

24th Nov 2018, 12:10
Don't forget that the move to Eagle Farm, and the site becoming almost but not quite CASA HO, was all part of some kind of deal with the QLD. government, with incentives, to move slabs of CASA bureaucracy to Queensland ---- it was, supposedly, all about cost reduction.

Yep, Brisbane Airport office was to be CASA's head office.
Back last century, it was proven, when in the Valley, that they do not need to be on an airport.
With the age of the interweb, face to face for paperwork is no longer required
So the cheapest office block within spitting distance of an airport should suffice, NOT the CBD.

TBM-Legend
24th Nov 2018, 21:26
The servants are now running the house. The revolution is complete. 1917 Russia by stealth not guns...

Looking at Carmody's performance in the recent Senate hearings it was clear that CASA politburo knows all and stands up to the elected officials too and decries any criticism by the plebs....

FPDO
29th Nov 2018, 22:02
Carmody apparently stood at the alter during the staff gathering for the announcement, and told employees I hope you all come over the city location, as I realise that it doesn’t suit all of you, regarding travel time and costs etc. Essentially saying if you dont like the move then look for another job. Mind you he has said that aswell at the employees 2 day induction course for new hires. He stuffed the job on the first go he had at it, now he is back because no one wanted the job. Skiddy walked the floors saying goodbye upon his departure a couple of years ago before he left saying “ I cant hit my head against the wall anymore when dealing with the board”
The attitude Toward staff is that they are just -public servants- and hence when things in industry go bad they start asking why the knowledge isn’t available to make good decisions.....
When these CASA subject matter experts at the coral face start standing up for their conditions then the board and CEO might get the idea, until then.........

Most at the coal face in CASA are good people but essentially are just “Cardboard Cutouts” that lack the ability to push their worth when it comes to securing their conditions at work...

Horatio Leafblower
30th Nov 2018, 12:38
securing their conditions at work...
FPDO
Can you please outline the conditions these poor people have at work, compared to the Salary and leave and Super entitlements of those in the Industry over which your friends govern?

Falling Leaf
2nd Dec 2018, 09:25
Can you please outline the conditions these poor people have at work, compared to the Salary and leave and Super entitlements of those in the Industry over which your friends govern?

The CASA EBA is easily available on their website. Just go to the recruitment page.

FPDO
3rd Dec 2018, 03:22
FPDO

NO......................................

LeadSled
3rd Dec 2018, 03:54
Folks,
I would assume that the EBA (which is generous, compared to industry) only applies to permanent employees and not those on contract??

Based on salaries quoted in CASA job adverts., remuneration is way ahead of the GA, indeed, non-airline, aviation industry in Australia.

A close perusal of the Annual Report will provide additional "enlightenment".

Re. the upcoming "Personal Violence" leave, (or whatever its proper name) of another 10 days a year's leave, as the aviation industry is supposed to be one big happy family, will this category of leave apply when any member of the CASA branch of the "family" commits violence on other family members, or only if violence is committed on them --- as I am certain more than one of the "extended family" has been sorely tempted --- and in at least two cases, of which I am aware, has decked the CASA member of the family.

Tootle pip!!

Pinky the pilot
3rd Dec 2018, 08:26
--- as I am certain more than one of the "extended family" has been sorely tempted --- and in at least two cases, of which I am aware, has decked the CASA member of the family.

Most interesting comment there, Leadsled.:hmm:

I learned only a week or so ago of a bit of further information, re an incident where a CASA 'jobworth' arrived at a regional airfield and proceeded to act in a heavy handed and most inappropriate manner.:ugh::mad:

It seems that an individual associated with an organisation operating out of this regional airfield was actually physically restrained by several of his fellow Club members as he clearly had intentions of "decking that (expletive deleted) CASA (expletive deleted.)":eek:

Knowing the person as I do, he would have indeed carried out his threat had he not been restrained.

And I would have seen nuthin!!!!:= Oh hang on.....nope, the CASA jobsworth threw the first punch!!:}