PDA

View Full Version : EASA Instructors

Kiwibusdriver
21st Nov 2018, 19:40
Anybody know where I could find an EASA instructor in NZ? I need to renew my old JAR license to change to EASA before Brexit.

Lindstrim
22nd Nov 2018, 05:53
L3 in Hamilton?

Kiwibusdriver
22nd Nov 2018, 06:23
Thanks I am in touch with them. I was just wondering if there were any TRE who were A320 rated.
Maybe someone working on contract who lived down this part of the world. Faint hope, but you don’t know if you don’t ask,

DeltaT
24th Nov 2018, 01:32
If you don't find your A320 TRE down this way, I believe the next closest might be Singapore I heard a while back. Bound to be others more in the know here. However, for the savings involved, I would be making phone calls around likely places, have nothing to lose. I think Flight International magazine puts out a list of sim training places once a year.

The Nemesis
24th Nov 2018, 18:38
I don't know if it still applies, but a couple of years ago a mate of mine tried to convert his JAR into an EASA licence using an approved A320 sim in Dubai with a TRE. He submitted all the paperwork only to have it knocked back.. At that stage the CAA would only accept a sim in the U.K.

mattyj
24th Nov 2018, 18:40
Have you tried AirNZ? They have an EASA certified A320 Sim..they might have an instructor..(or know one that they use)

https://www.aviationinstitute.co.nz/course/details/31