PDA

View Full Version : CBD oil

Aerofoil
20th Nov 2018, 03:02
Hi all,

just a quick question which hasn’t come up on searches on the forum. Are pilots with a class 1 medical in the uk allowed to use over the counter CBD oil? I know the general use of this is legal as of recent changes in the law but has this also become allowed with the CAA? I have also searched the CAA website but I’ve not come up with anything there either.
My question came to mind having visited my local shop where i get my e-liquid (keeps me away from cigarettes!) and i noticed they are adding CBD to e-liquids which are not obviously CBD based products and i hear that CBD oil may also be added to drinks like coffee and milkshakes at certain outlets and it made me think someone could unintentionally consume this so if they were a pilot in the uk could this cause them an issue?

Many thanks

spencerr
22nd Dec 2022, 03:02
Hi all,

just a quick question which hasn’t come up on searches on the forum. Are pilots with a class 1 medical in the uk allowed to use over the counter CBD oil? I know the general use of this is legal as of recent changes in the law but has this also become allowed with the CAA? I have also searched the CAA website but I’ve not come up with anything there either.
My question came to mind having visited my local shop where i get my e-liquid (keeps me away from cigarettes!) and i noticed they are adding CBD to e-liquids which are not obviously Shop CBD (https://receptra.com/) based products and i hear that CBD oil may also be added to drinks like coffee and milkshakes at certain outlets and it made me think someone could unintentionally consume this so if they were a pilot in the uk could this cause them an issue?

Many thanks
I just started using CBD oil for pain. Is anyone else using it or has tried it?

redsnail
22nd Dec 2022, 19:00
The risk with CBD useage in Europe and United Kingdom is the risk of triggering a non negative result in a random drug and alcohol test.
If you're on flying duty, you're suspended until the sample is analysed in a laboratory and the results confirm that it's probably CBD, not THC.