PDA

View Full Version : Military Accreditation Scheme after BREXIT

Professor Plum
15th Nov 2018, 07:42
Morning all,

Is anyone in the know as to what would happen to the military accreditation scheme for pilot licensing after BREXIT?

I know it’d depend on the detail of what gets agreed, but just wondering if anyone’s heard any snippets? I’ve seen the CAA microsite, but there was no mention of Military credits.

A “friend of a friend of a friend” is just starting the process of getting their licences if you see what I mean!

VinRouge
15th Nov 2018, 09:24
Morning all,

Is anyone in the know as to what would happen to the military accreditation scheme for pilot licensing after BREXIT?

I know it’d depend on the detail of what gets agreed, but just wondering if anyone’s heard any snippets? I’ve seen the CAA microsite, but there was no mention of Military credits.

A “friend of a friend of a friend” is just starting the process of getting their licences if you see what I mean!

No one knows. No one can know until a deal is cut. But there are indeed serious musings that it could completely screw up the accreditation scheme for military pilots transitioning.

To make matters worse, I don't think even the CAA know and I expect in a hard Brexit scenario, the small number of military licence applicants interests will be way down their to do list.

The whole thing is a complete mess.

BEagle
15th Nov 2018, 12:18
The original ('2000 TT incl. 1500 PIC') deal secured between the CAA and MoD would have remained in place, had the MoD bothered to turn up at Gatwick when the EASA representative confirmed it. Head of Licensing also nodded sagely.

But the blame lies squarely with 22Gp. They could have continued support for the previous agreement, but comprehensively failed to do so. They were more interested in trying to find some way of easing the pain for those who had been made redundant due to manning incompetence, than in continuing a negotiated, valuable recruiting and retention incentive.

Such was the outcry at 22Gp's failure that they even issued an IBN stating that the matter was not to be raised on social media....

As for credit for current RAF flying training, wait and see. But I doubt whether anything will improve.

The whole thing is indeed a complete mess. By the way, how goes ME AFT on the Phenom - have many students graduated yet?

alfred_the_great
15th Nov 2018, 15:12
Just to cheer BEagle up, there was a DIN released today to transition Military Pilots to BA.

Of course, it won’t be as good as in his day, but there we go.