PDA

View Full Version : Should go down in History

ChrisVJ
13th Nov 2018, 22:43
Today's paper has a quote that should rank up there with "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" (Mandy Rice Davies)

"I thought it was spinach dip." (Monica Lewinsky)

13th Nov 2018, 22:49
"I thought it was spinach dip." (Monica Lewinsky)
All I can say is that if the stain resembled spinach dip, Bill must have had one hell of a medical problem!
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/620x413/ep_01192015_dip_simplespinachdip_nohand_4c4ff6b22b361fafce1f 1dc9c0b660da35233623.jpg

Warmair
13th Nov 2018, 22:55
When asking for her blue dress to be dry cleaned the deaf Chinese laundry man said to Monica – “come again” to which she replied “no mustard this time”

Ascend Charlie
13th Nov 2018, 23:13
The laundry man was looking through the pockets of the blue dress, because Monica said she had a wad of Bill's on the dress.

treadigraph
13th Nov 2018, 23:22
Close but no cigar...

G-CPTN
13th Nov 2018, 23:29
What were the circumstances that brought the 'stain' into the public domain? - and the subsequent DNA check?

WingNut60
13th Nov 2018, 23:38
Apologies for running off-thread, but this astounded me; the bit about the DNA, that is.

A woman was charged a few days ago, in Oz, for inciting a scare campaign involving sewing needles inserted into strawberries.
Police were able to verify her as the perpetrator by DNA obtained from the needles found inside the strawberries.
That is a MIGHTILY small human DNA sample.

Hydromet
14th Nov 2018, 01:19
That is a MIGHTILY small human DNA sample....especially since the needle had, presumably, been in a strawberry. I'd have thought it would have been destroyed by the acidity of the fruit, not that I'm any sort of expert.

lomapaseo
14th Nov 2018, 01:38
...especially since the needle had, presumably, been in a strawberry. I'd have thought it would have been destroyed by the acidity of the fruit, not that I'm any sort of expert.

it might have been the end you push with your finger.
Should have used a thimble

Lonewolf_50
14th Nov 2018, 04:21
Should go down in History (https://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/615405-should-go-down-history.html#post10310437) She did, for all of the rest of us.
She went down in the present only for Bill.

double_barrel
14th Nov 2018, 04:43
it might have been the end you push with your finger.
Should have used a thimble
Agreed. I would guess the eye of a needle would be pretty effective at capturing a small sample of skin cells if it was oriented right when the needle was held and pushed. And they had multiple test pieces.

VitalSpark
14th Nov 2018, 14:58
...especially since the needle had, presumably, been in a strawberry. I'd have thought it would have been destroyed by the acidity of the fruit, not that I'm any sort of expert.

DNA can be quite robust and a strawberry is not such a bad environment to host it - the strawberry itself is packed with strawberry DNA which it does not self-destroy once put into the supermarket.

Hempy
14th Nov 2018, 23:21

Deoxyribonucleic Acid