PDA

View Full Version : RAF Medical Discharge

getsometimein
13th Nov 2018, 13:06
Difficult to ask these questions, as Facebook would probably give me the answer, but everyone would know I'm asking.

Has anyone been discharged medically from the RAF in the past 5 or so years that would be willing to get in contact?

Specifically, I'm aircrew with Type 1 diabetes and trying to work out how I'd score on the medical discharge tiers.

Many thanks.

heights good
13th Nov 2018, 23:42
Difficult to ask these questions, as Facebook would probably give me the answer, but everyone would know I'm asking.

Has anyone been discharged medically from the RAF in the past 5 or so years that would be willing to get in contact?

Specifically, I'm aircrew with Type 1 diabetes and trying to work out how I'd score on the medical discharge tiers.

Many thanks.

Please excuse my ignorance but are your not ‘normally’ born with Type 1?

Sorry, I have nothing to add in your quest to get answers, I am just unsure of my own understanding of what I thought diabetes was and how it’s caused. Every day is a school day .

I hope you get everything sorted quickly and in your favour.

HG

57mm
13th Nov 2018, 23:45
SWMBO was for several years treated as a Type 2, until correctly diagnosed as Type 1. Sadly, by then the damage had been done.

PARALLEL TRACK
14th Nov 2018, 11:30
PM to follow, now sent

bunta130
14th Nov 2018, 13:37
Please excuse my ignorance but are your not ‘normally’ born with Type 1?

Sorry, I have nothing to add in your quest to get answers, I am just unsure of my own understanding of what I thought diabetes was and how it’s caused. Every day is a school day .

I hope you get everything sorted quickly and in your favour.

HG

My Mum was diagnosed with Type One in her twenties......not all people have pancreases that pack up as juveniles.....

Type Two is another matter and often brought on by lifestyle...

Best not confuse the 2, as you risk offending!!!!

Cheers