PDA

View Full Version : Interesting RNAV (RNP) Approaches

Parkbremse
13th Nov 2018, 11:34
Hi everyone!

For my upcoming Performance Class I would like to show my students some examples of interesting RNP AR approaches, meaning approaches with RNPs down to the specifcation limit, multiple RF Legs, challenging missed approaches, mountainous terrain, all in combination etc. In our operation we hardly have any (and not authorized anyway) and its a little tedious to wade through 100s of airports in the Jeppesen to find a good example.

Any help greatly appreciated!

PAXfips
13th Nov 2018, 11:44
As only armchair (video watching) .. but I think LPMA/FNC is quite interesting.

Denti
13th Nov 2018, 12:30
LPMA is quite interesting, and especially the missed approach on the LOWI RNP AR approaches is as well. And i found the LOWS RNP AR quite nice, flying well below terrain level through mountain valleys until you are on short final and finally lined up. However, RNP AR is still kinda rare in europe, there will be many more examples from the USA, especially Alaska as far as i know.

Tagron
13th Nov 2018, 17:24
Queenstown NZQN will certainly provide you with some interesting examples.

Atlas Shrugged
14th Nov 2018, 01:16
The approach into the old Quito Airport in Equador (SEQM) was always interesting. Someone may have some old plates around...

Parkbremse
14th Nov 2018, 07:09
Thanks guys, exactly what I was looking for 👍🏻

aterpster
14th Nov 2018, 12:55
LPMA is quite interesting, and especially the missed approach on the LOWI RNP AR approaches is as well. And i found the LOWS RNP AR quite nice, flying well below terrain level through mountain valleys until you are on short final and finally lined up. However, RNP AR is still kinda rare in europe, there will be many more examples from the USA, especially Alaska as far as i know.
The Alaska procedures belong to Alaska Airlines and are not available to others.

Central and South America have quite a few RNP AR approaches. Check out SBRJ.

wobo63
26th Feb 2019, 18:19
Folks, I try to create a database of RNP AR approaches published already - wherever. May I ask to just drop here location indicator of anything you know or have heard of.
Appreciate your effort - thanks!

eckhard
26th Feb 2019, 19:22
Seychelles FSIA/SEZ
RNP (AR) 13 and 31

Abu Dhabi OMAA/AUH
RNP (AR) 13L, 13R, 31L, 31R

Dan Winterland
27th Feb 2019, 03:16
Kathmandu (KNKT) RNP(AR) 02. I flew it for the first time 2 weeks ago. I was impressed!

aterpster
27th Feb 2019, 13:22
Kathmandu (KNKT) RNP(AR) 02. I flew it for the first time 2 weeks ago. I was impressed!

Quite a good solution for that airport. Would be even better if another RNP AR would fit to 20, but it appears the terrain is too close.