PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Sqn Ldr (Ret) Kirsty Murphy RAF.

BVRAAM
11th Nov 2018, 18:53
A superb interview with Sqn Ldr (ret) Kirsty Murphy RAF on her career in the Royal Air Force as a 'creamie' Hawk T.1 QFI, Tornado GR.4 Pilot, being the first (and to date only) female Red Arrows Pilot and Blades Pilot. Another great job by Mike at Aircrew interview.

https://youtu.be/Sfo7ZvzxC1w

Training Risky
13th Nov 2018, 06:12
Does it cover the reason why Resus Annie didn’t do a whole tour with the Reds?!

Training Risky
13th Nov 2018, 06:13
Or the Service Test?

gijoe
13th Nov 2018, 06:57
Or the Service Test?

TR,

I thought it - you wrote it. Well done. Quite amazing how honesty and integrity doesn’t get mentioned.

Oh well...

G

Pure Pursuit
13th Nov 2018, 09:19
Another demonstration of her complete lack of integrity.

AnglianAV8R
13th Nov 2018, 09:50
HCAP honours next?

tucumseh
13th Nov 2018, 10:23
As a non-pilot, and setting aside the personal/personnel issues alluded to, I found it quite interesting. Especially the Tornado stuff. She comes across as very enthusiastic. Small doses though. I'm sure it was editing, but the mention of the late Flt Lt Egging was a bit of a thrown away comment. 'Sad loss' or similar would have suited. Maybe I missed it.

Ewan Whosearmy
13th Nov 2018, 11:16
Interesting comments about the integrity of a named individual coming from people posting anonymously on an internet forum...

Should anyone ever ask you to talk about your flying careers, would you caveat it all by laying bare whatever mistakes or questionable decisions you may have made?

Treble one
13th Nov 2018, 11:43
I sense some hostility here.....

I think the official story at the time was that she was too upset to continue after the loss of Flt Lts Egging and Cunningham (I think she was still in the team for Flt Lt C's horrible accident).

Subsequently, of course, there were other reasons? Frankly I would think that her position would be untenable in a situation where she was having a relationship with another pilot on the team?

Presumably this was deemed the best outcome for all concerned.

gijoe
13th Nov 2018, 11:46
Interesting comments about the integrity of a named individual coming from people posting anonymously on an internet forum...

Should anyone ever ask you to talk about your flying careers, would you caveat it all by laying bare whatever mistakes or questionable decisions you may have made?

They won't and I wouldn't - but then I have no intention of being in the public eye and haven't misled the CoC. End of.

Maybe you should have a look at what it says on your scroll? Just maybe?

The Old Fat One
13th Nov 2018, 12:06

Leave it out mate, it's a promotional video asking for donations after like 30 ***** ing seconds. Anyone who participates in this stuff in any capacity whatsoever is fair game. It has got absolutely FA to do with integrity.

For the record, I know nothing of the subject and wouldn't watch 39 minutes of that sort of stuff (not criticising anybody that finds it worthwhile...whatever floats your boat) , but I get fed up with people who put themselves in the public eye, on social media, with an agenda, and then whinge when the going gets tough.

Or, in this case, when someone gets all precious on their behalf.

And yeah basically this

They won't and I wouldn't - but then I have no intention of being in the public eye and haven't misled the CoC. End of.

....and by the way...the initial post looks suspiciously promotional as well. Maybe one for the MODs??

H Peacock
13th Nov 2018, 19:02
Quite amazing how honesty and integrity doesn’t get mentioned.

I've watched plenty of the Aircrew Interview series - all quite good, but I don't recall any of them covering aircrew talking about honesty, integrity, OQs etc. Not even why they perhaps weren't clever enough to have joined the RAF or whether they are LGB or T! It's about flying!!

Hey gijoe, tell us all about your aviation career. On second thoughts....

SFCC
13th Nov 2018, 19:49
Lay off the woman, for the love of God.
I don't know much about her, but have heard snippets.

Many have heard snippets about me, too....and it may be perceived that I made some odd decisions. Only my business though and the same applies to Mrs Murphy.

Good luck to her in whatever she does.

Ewan Whosearmy
13th Nov 2018, 19:55
Leave it out mate, it's a promotional video asking for donations after like 30 ***** ing seconds.

You mean the attempt by the guy (who makes the videos on his own coin) to try to recoup some of his costs?

...but I get fed up with people who put themselves in the public eye, on social media, with an agenda, and then whinge when the going gets tough.

Or, in this case, when someone gets all precious on their behalf.

​​​​​​
Not even vaguely precious about it, mate! But I do know gross hypocrisy when I see it, and I'm comfortable calling it out.

Ewan Whosearmy
13th Nov 2018, 19:56
I've watched plenty of the Aircrew Interview series - all quite good, but I don't recall any of them covering aircrew talking about honesty, integrity, OQs etc. Not even why they perhaps weren't clever enough to have joined the RAF or whether they are LGB or T! It's about flying!!

Hey gijoe, tell us all about your aviation career. On second thoughts....

Quoted for truth.

BVRAAM
13th Nov 2018, 20:52
Guys,

I shared this video, not to promote, but to share a cool story about somebody who I look up to a lot, as an aspiring pilot, myself.

I am not aware of any wrongdoing on her part, other than what the media published about her and her now husband. Since we're in an era of Fake News, I take most of what I read in the media with a pinch of salt. I am interested in the flying, not the personal attacks.