PDA

View Full Version : Ignore button

denachtenmai
10th Nov 2018, 16:17
You would be surprised how the ignore button makes PPRuNe browsing more efficient.
I have only one person on ignore and now I am "advised" (not really advised, but you know what I mean) to put another there.
Decisions, decisions, any advice welcomed :E

treadigraph
10th Nov 2018, 16:40
Ah, that depends on whether you are ignoring me...

DaveReidUK
10th Nov 2018, 16:41
Did somebody say something ? :O

VP959
10th Nov 2018, 16:55
My only criticism of the "ignore" function is that some will insist on quoting posts from someone who, I suspect, a fair number here have put on ignore, so you get to see some of it anyway. That seems to be getting to be less of an issue now, perhaps because more and more people may be using the ignore function.

treadigraph
10th Nov 2018, 16:59
If someone on your ignore list starts a thread I presume you can't see it.

lomapaseo
10th Nov 2018, 17:05
Your first hint that somebody has been ignored by many is when see a thread started with no replies :)

denachtenmai
10th Nov 2018, 17:17
Never treadi.
It took a lot for me to put one on ignore, I like to see posts, even from those who have views opposite to mine.

Blues&twos
10th Nov 2018, 18:24
I've put myself on my ignore list.

flash8
10th Nov 2018, 22:14
Never felt the need to ignore anyone really, most folk on here I think are pretty reasonable, the ones that are a little "combustible" rarely go on the personal attack. In fact in the years I've been around here don't think I've ever seen anyone go completely over the edge... I'm always accused of being a Russian troll.. and have been on the end of some (in my opinion misplaced) anger... suppose I'm on quite a few ignore lists myself though :)

Mind you. only speaking of my own experiences here.

Mostly Harmless
10th Nov 2018, 22:42

Can you still see yourself?

racedo
10th Nov 2018, 22:47
Never felt the need to ignore anyone really, most folk on here I think are pretty reasonable, the ones that are a little "combustible" rarely go on the personal attack. In fact in the years I've been around here don't think I've ever seen anyone go completely over the edge... I'm always accused of being a Russian troll.. and have been on the end of some (in my opinion misplaced) anger... suppose I'm on quite a few ignore lists myself though :)

Mind you. only speaking of my own experiences here.

Oh pretty much guaranteed I am quite a few people's list but that is their choice and not going to criticise anybody's choice.
There are a number whom I refuse to respond to. In the past they used a response to abuse so now I read and just don't bother to respond.

I dislike censorship and that is all an Ignore function is, even those whom I will not respond to, do make good points sometimes.
Censorship is shutting down people whose views you don't like or want to hear................ think we suffer enough of that in real life within media.

treadigraph
10th Nov 2018, 23:56
Can you still see yourself?
Not in the mirror...

G-CPTN
11th Nov 2018, 00:49
Every time I try to call myself, my call is rejected - always engaged . . .

11th Nov 2018, 10:46
I dislike censorship and that is all an Ignore function is, even those whom I will not respond to, do make good points sometimes.
Censorship is shutting down people whose views you don't like or want to hear....

I wouldn't agree with your opinion on that.
I'm in no way religious and whenever I see anything in any newspapers that is based on religion I won't read it so I am in effect using my personal ignore function.
It's the same whenever I hear a someone talking about religion on the radio. If I can I will simply tune to a different station.

In both examples above, the religious content is fully available for anyone who wants to read or listen to it so it's been in no way censored and I think that the ignore function on here is exactly the same.

Censorship is shutting down people whose views you don't like or want to hear....
I would say that censorship is shutting down people so that others can't hear their views.

Ancient Observer
11th Nov 2018, 22:17
Oh, OK, I will bite.

What does the offending poster have to do to get you to put them on the ignore list??

I have never used it.

Pontius Navigator
11th Nov 2018, 22:20
Oh, OK, I will bite.

What does the offending poster have to do to get you to put them on the ignore list??

I have never used it.
So long ago I can't remember :)

747 jock
11th Nov 2018, 22:56
It's the same whenever I hear a someone talking about religion on the radio. If I can I will simply tune to a different station.
I bet your tuning to a different station when something religious comes on the radio isn't as quick as me re-tuning when a rap song starts playing.

Pontius Navigator
12th Nov 2018, 11:37
Rap? .