PDA

View Full Version : Foreign License with expired instrument rating

Minh
9th Nov 2018, 20:05
Does anyone know how to do an IPC in simulator for a verified Autralian license in US? It happened to me that my instrument rating/multi-engine on my foreign license has expired while I was doing ATP and type rating with a regional air. I appreciate for any help.
Minh

Minh
10th Nov 2018, 20:50
To be more specific, I really need anyone who can do an IPC and multi-engine class currency to Australian License pilot in the U.S. I highly appreciate any help.

flyboyike
13th Nov 2018, 16:47
I'm not sure I follow. You're flying for a regional in the US, but you need your Australian ticket renewed? Why not wait until you get back to Australia?

Minh
13th Nov 2018, 20:32
I am converting my Australian license to FAA license. However my IR/ME on my Australian expired and I need it to be current before my FAA ATP checkride. Thats why I am asking if anyone in the U.S can do an IPC for my Australian license. Thanks for your response anyways.

Minh
14th Nov 2018, 00:01
Yeah because I am doing Atp type rating so it has to be valid and current before my next checkride. I am sure its still in the regs. Appreciate any help.

Minh
14th Nov 2018, 01:28
the regs say valid not current from memory.

My email is [email protected]. I highly appreciate if we can discuss my case together since I know you are an experience foreign pilot. Thank you sir

pilotchute
14th Nov 2018, 08:34
That is correct Havick. If being approach current on you IR was an issue I'm sure 61.153 would say something. It just says have one. No mention of recency.

The ATP check ride is also an instrument check ride so any examiner claiming you need a current IR on your home licence is just being over cautious or difficult.

bafanguy
14th Nov 2018, 11:41
I am converting my Australian license to FAA license.

Minh,

Are you doing this conversion independently or through an airline or flight school ? Shouldn't an airline or training facility be able to answer your question about currency ?

Minh
14th Nov 2018, 17:05
valid and current are two different things. Devil is in the detail in your favor.
I couldnt send a private message to your, it seems like your mailbox is full. Do you have another email so that I can discuss my case? I appreciate if you can help me.

boofhead
16th Nov 2018, 01:34
I used UK ATPL when I did it and the license was 3 years out of date. They accepted it no problem.

flyboyike
19th Nov 2018, 11:23
I am converting my Australian license to FAA license. However my IR/ME on my Australian expired and I need it to be current before my FAA ATP checkride.

Who told you that and what reg are they referencing?