PDA

View Full Version : R44 down at Denham - 02 Nov 2018

heli14
2nd Nov 2018, 18:04
Being reported by local media - hope both ok

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/17198220.denham-air-crash-two-injured-after-helicopter-nosedives-at-aerodrome/?ref=nab

Nige321
2nd Nov 2018, 18:24
You really couldn't make this stuff up...
Eyewitness Daniel Taylor, 39, said: "The pilot managed to get himself then he collapsed on the ground."Side of his head split open. Blood was running down his face."In a matter of minutes a crowd of about 30 people started to gather."The workers at the ground were trying to usher people away saying there was nothing to see."I turned around to one of the workers and said 'Nothing to see? A helicopter had just crashed. What do you mean?'"It wasn't a big helicopter - it was a small one they call a Grasshopper."It's obviously gone round too quick, come down and smashed to pieces."There were about four or five ambulances which turned up. It turned into quite the scene."

helicopter-redeye
2nd Nov 2018, 18:50
The R44 “Grasshopper”. Don’t know that one.

jeepys
3rd Nov 2018, 00:20
R44 grass cutter in this case.

ShyTorque
3rd Nov 2018, 11:35
Another eyewitness said: "I live about 800 yards away."I literally got in from my front door sat and sat down at the table when I heard this loud boom."It was a massive boom."The pilot's head was split and there was blood pouring all over his face.He was not in a good way."I've just been waiting for this to happen."

You miserable b*st**d..

gevans35
3rd Nov 2018, 13:24
You miserable b*st**d..

Like all aerodromes, Denham has it's fair share of people who buy a house under the circuit and immediately campaign to get the airfield closed down, on noise grounds, in the hope that the value of their house will increase.

I hope the pilot makes a speedy and full recovery.

stringfellow
3rd Nov 2018, 21:35
Thoughts with the pilot, the student appears ok from the online footage I’ve seen.