PDA

View Full Version : Girl power

unitedabx
2nd Nov 2018, 04:00
1.The company moved the hotel in NGO to The Moxy ( a marriott low budget chain ) and overnight allowances dropped by 40% . The FAU walked in and said this was unacceptable and within one week crews were back in the old downtown hotel on their Yen 24,000 per stay. But better than this the FAU then insisted the company reimburse all those crew who had stayed at the Moxy with the full allowance and the company complied. Did the pilots get the reimbursement? Of course not the HKAOA had rolled over yet again.

2. CMP being introduced to CX and KA fleets progressively but not to CX cabin crew. Yes they will have a CMP published roster but it will continue to be manually generated with all the protections previuosly enjoyed and fought for. To keep the KA crews and CX pilots happy the Cx cabin crew rotsre will still be called CMP derived but infact it is just the old system.

Girl Power in action compared with no action from the HKAOA. Makes you wonder who really does have the balls ???

SOPS
2nd Nov 2018, 04:36
Just had a look at the Moxy web site. Great place for a crew hotel...not!!!

lessonlearnt
2nd Nov 2018, 08:54
The HKAOA just gave us pilots a bag of absolutely no hope!
They are useless at what they do and have no Leadership. The Big shot DS is not willing to take a stand and his minions are just following him. Blind leading the blind ha ha ha
WTF people....

They probably are trying to make the Companies final offer look good - so they can say they negotiated it!
Negotiations failed!!!!!

Tea time
2nd Nov 2018, 12:11
If this company thought for one second that the pilots would actually walk, the negotiations would take a very different turn .
They have no desire to negotiate because they are convinced that we won’t go and there are enough scabs who would volunteer to go to work to keep the operation running .
Change the AOA leadership and get organized but you had all better be ready to do some unpalatable things if scabs opt to cross the picket lines . If you cannot all collectively be resolute about this then you may as well accept degrading conditions until such time as you get so sick of it that you leave

morningcoffee
3rd Nov 2018, 01:26
The HKAOA just gave us pilots a bag of absolutely no hope!
They are useless at what they do and have no Leadership. The Big shot DS is not willing to take a stand and his minions are just following him. Blind leading the blind ha ha ha
WTF people....

They probably are trying to make the Companies final offer look good - so they can say they negotiated it!
Negotiations failed!!!!!
FFS

Every AOA member who has taken on any position on the GC on the NC or on any committee has done it as a volunteer. And they give up about 10 times what the company gives them as office days.

I’m sick of guys showing no appreciation for what the volunteers do, bitching on an anonymous forum while refusing to actually do or volunteer for anything themselves.

mngmt mole
3rd Nov 2018, 02:04
Ooohh, Morning Coffee, the “voice “ of the AOA. Haha, good one MC, lets sow a bit of dissension. Back to your management cubicle son....

lessonlearnt
3rd Nov 2018, 02:56
Morning coffee you honestly make a great read. I mean after reading the update today from the AOA im confused....why would you back the AOA, they are becoming more useless every day that passes.

ACMS
3rd Nov 2018, 03:07
+1 for morning coffee.

You guys need to get in the GC or the NC to have your say effectively.

You’re super brave bitching in the shadows is funny to read but useless...stand up and see how it feels.

last time I looked the HKAOA is you, the members.

unitedabx
3rd Nov 2018, 08:02
+1 for morning coffee.

You guys need to get in the GC or the NC to have your say effectively.

Your super brave bitching in the shadows is funny to read but useless...stand up and see how it feels.

last time I looked the HKAOA is you, the members.

The members ARE revolting and sending a message loud and clear to the GC. If the vote is "no" then the entire GC should offer their resignations, which will be happoily accepted and we can move on.

You liot arew a f***king embarrassment.

OK4Wire
3rd Nov 2018, 09:00
You really don't know how your GC works, do you?

unitedabx
3rd Nov 2018, 10:20
You really don't know how your GC works, do you?

Not how the HKAOA GC works but 8 years on the BALPA GC gave me a pretty good idea how a GC SHOULD work. The snivelling whimps on the HKAOA GC are amateurs and I say again a f****king embarrassment. Every pilot I fly with I ask "are you happy with the way the AOA are behaving ? ". Almost 99% say "no" they are only in it now for the LOL. When I point out you can get cheaper LOL from AXA they are speechless.
Unions are supposed to PROTECT the working conditions of it's members and PROMOTE and ADVANCE conditions of service. Can you honestly say the HKAOA has achieved this in the last 20 years. If your answer is "yes" then you are dilluded, totally dilluded.

Fly747
3rd Nov 2018, 11:07
Please United it is deluded. I wouldn’t normally be in the spelling coppers but that is too much.

BusyB
3rd Nov 2018, 11:09
When I was on a BALPA base council at least we could all spell:ugh:

mngmt mole
3rd Nov 2018, 22:22
We must finally and definitively have a vote that accompishes two things. A vote that will determine whether we are willing to strongly defend our profession and careers, and a vote that once and for all lays bare the character of my colleagues. Only a strike vote will accomplish that. An added benefit will be in knowing whether there is the support to determine whether or not it is worth staying. At this point the outcome doesn’t matter, only the fact that we will “know “ what sort of a future we really have. That alone makes the vote worthwhile.

lucille
4th Nov 2018, 01:30
As pointed out numerous times before, when 49 of your colleagues were taken out and shot at dawn nothing happened. The rest of you (at the time) just tut tutted, bought bigger cars, boats and houses and acquired smaller, younger wives then lived happily ever after. It’s easy to look the other way from the inside of a new 911.
Here was proof that Self Interest trumps all else. Sadly your management looked and learned from that experiment..They now KNOW how the majority will react.

ps.. I’m not a CX employee, merely someone who hates to see hard won crew T&Cs getting screwed down. It’s a disease, as soon one airline succeeds, they all start down that same path. Virtually every MBA program has some component which deals with controlling (read reducing) staffing costs. No one should be surprised at how low, low really can be when all those smart, young and jealous minds apply themselves.

Farman Biplane
4th Nov 2018, 01:03
Plenty of people advocating stronger push back and possible strike action here on PPRUNE, however NONE of this commentary has transpired onto the HKAOA forum.
It is time for those commentators here on PPRUNE to submit a members motion detailing increased action and strike.
Only then you will find out your level of support and whether your read of the situation is matched with your colleagues.

unitedabx
4th Nov 2018, 02:24
Please United it is deluded. I wouldn’t normally be in the spelling coppers but that is too much.

I stand corrected.

unitedabx
4th Nov 2018, 02:24
When I was on a BALPA base council at least we could all spell:ugh:

I stand corrected.