PDA

View Full Version : Jackaroo Aviation, Cessnock, 1990s

Horatio Leafblower
31st Oct 2018, 11:10
Does anybody else remember Jackaroo Aviation which started in Cessnock in the mid 1990s?

I am trying to remember the name of the guy who owned and operated the business.

oldrotorhead
1st Nov 2018, 00:47
Mark Allan?

Horatio Leafblower
1st Nov 2018, 01:19
Mark Allan?

Ahhh yep that sounds about right.
It wasn't a Mark Taylor?

oldrotorhead
1st Nov 2018, 03:32
I never heard of a Mark Taylor there but Mark Allan certainly sprang to mind.

Cloudee
1st Nov 2018, 08:59
https://www.markallan.com.au/aviation/welcome.htm

Look what Dr Google brings up.

Currently we are one of only a few operators in Australia approved by C.A.S.A. to train and test pilots for Low Level and Aerial Stock Mustering (Fixed Wing). This has come about mainly due to our extensive experience in ‘bush/remote area operations’ coupled with my professional qualifications as an Instructor and Approved Testing Officer. We are also Approved as a Multi-Engine and I.F.R. Flying School.As you can see, we are a committed General Aviation operator with a long-term commitment to the industry. Jackaroo Aviation operates under an Air Operators Certificate issued by C.A.S.A. and of course we have all licenses, approvals and insurances in place. As the Chief Pilot and Chief Flying Instructor I have support in running the business from several experienced people including my Deputy Chief Pilot who has been with me for over 8 years. Additionally my team includes several other Pilot/Instructors including a QANTAS international pilot who works with us when he is off duty. We have several Twin-Engine aircraft including a Beech Baron, Piper Aztec and Cessna 402 available for I.F.R. Charter. Several other Single Engine aircraft available for Charter support and varied operations include the Cessna 182 and 206. All aircraft are fitted with long range tanks, Satellite ELT and latest GPS technology to ensure efficiency and safety. Jackaroo Aviation also leads the way with Satellite Telephone availability for safety and communication convenience. I welcome your inquiries and an opportunity to look after your future needs. You can be assured of increased SAFETY and efficiency, as ALL pilots are EXPERIENCED Multi Engine pilots. I am involved in the day to day running of the business to co-ordinate my crews. I pay my pilots over award wage on the philosophy that 'if you pay peanuts you get monkeys', so you can be assured of professionalism not cowboys. We have worked hard to build a reputable corporate client base from all over Australia. Some of our clients include QANTAS, Ansett, Airnorth and Flight West Airlines, A.T.S.I.C., Elders/Primac, M.I.M., Consolidated Pastoral Co., R.F.D.S., SBS Television, Department of Agriculture, Health Department, Education Department, Atlas Copco, Western Metals, Australian Electoral Commission etc. Our personal customers have included Judges and Magistrates, Barristers, Members of Parliament and a few prominent people like artist Sir Sidney Nolan and ‘Mr Bean’ himself Rowan Atkinson, to name just a few!Thank you for your time and consideration.

Mark Allan A.I.M.M., J.P. Chief Pilot

cowl flaps
1st Nov 2018, 12:10
Well,- he's wasn't backward in coming forward and telling the world how good he was ! :rolleyes:

Bull at a Gate
1st Nov 2018, 12:15
The internet is forever. That site is very old with many broken links and nothing up to date, eg the testimonial is from 1999.