PDA

View Full Version : Farnborough SBAC Show 2002.

SilentHandover
30th Jul 2002, 10:46
The show is over for another 2 years, any feedback on the operation at the Heliport this year would be most appeciated.

Thanks in advance

SH.

Gainesy
30th Jul 2002, 13:21
Well mate, it gave me something to watch all week before and after the mini display.:)

Helinut
31st Jul 2002, 10:19
The declared minimum cloud base was 700 ft for twins. One morning when the Farnborough ATIS was announcing BKN 700 ft there was some confusion because landline advice to e.g. ATC at Battersea was that the pad was closed. No mention of this on the ATIS at all. It caused some confusion and various helicopters having to divert.

If someone was going to unilaterally change the pad operating minima, the least that could have been done was to braodcast this on the ATIS.

Other than that, when I was there it seemed to work fine.

EESDL
31st Jul 2002, 11:41
More female ground crew;-)

magbreak
31st Jul 2002, 13:21
not sure if the marshallers were on a bonus to fit as many aircraft into the parking space as possible but we were being marshalled VERY close to other aircraft which were already shut down. Even when I decided we were close enough and landed I was being waved closer. I declined:-)

Other than that it seemed OK.

SilentHandover
31st Jul 2002, 13:55
Thanks people keep them coming.

The weather minima was a difficult situation, the way that the guidlines were worded by our (ATC) interpretation meant that with the cloud ceiling AT 700' the helipad would be closed to all twin helicopters. (where this left the Merlins operating I don't know) It's certainly something that we will be making a point of in the subsequant wash-up after the show.

Pete O'Tewbe
1st Aug 2002, 18:04
Echo the comment by magbreak, a bit uncomfortable at times. Otherwise, fine.

EESDL
2nd Aug 2002, 13:34
Just a reminder folks......you're the captain. The only place to follow marshallers, IMHO, is at Batters or on a ship, otherwise a blind eye is required;-)