PDA

View Full Version : Easternwell Toowoomba

Alice Kiwican
29th Oct 2018, 12:15
A friend of mine has applied to Easternwell Toowoomba on the AFAP job ad website for a B200 pilot and is after any information she can get. I personally have no knowledge about their rosters, conditions, what they are like to fly for but she was hoping that there maybe someone out in PPRuNe who may be able to give an insight into the operation. She meets all the criteria hours, experience etc and is lookimg to move off single engine turbine into twin turbine and feels this may just be the place to go. Thanks in advance

tartare
30th Oct 2018, 01:48
Alice - I can't vouch for what Easternwell's aviation unit is actually like from a pilot's perspective - but have flown with them as pax and know the company in general quite well.
Easternwell were a wholly owned subsidiary of a major corporate I used to work for.
From my observation, their aviation ops appeared to be very well run - impressive hangar setup - professional operations.
I flew out to a CSG wellsite from Toowoomba - front seat beside a B200 pilot.
Well maintained aircraft - everything done by the book.
I think if I am right, they took their PT6 maintenance back inhouse from QF because they could do a better job and quicker.
The company's culture is very tight-knit, small successful, can do.
Have met Troy and know Tim Phelan well - good guys - my sense is they wouldn't employ muppets and would run a professional operation.
Just my two cents worth.

Al Fentanyl
31st Oct 2018, 10:07
Dunno about Eastern Wells but Qld RFDS is actively recruiting for pilots for their B200/350 fleet across the State. Good aircraft, good $$ (soon to improve with a new EBA), good flying, and as secure as anything in aviation can be.