PDA

View Full Version : Log ten pro

FedupSo
27th Oct 2018, 12:11
Gday all,

Just a quick question. I’m in the process of converting my paper logbooks to Log ten pro. I switched a number of years ago to the electronic format but would like to go back and fill in the rest so I just have it electronically.
My question is, how do I negate the sticky labels and all the stamps etc. I mean i can always carry the original etc etc I’m just curious if under the the Part 61 do they actually mean anything anymore?

Would greatly appreciate everyone’s opinions.

Tom

drpixie
27th Oct 2018, 21:18
Assuming you've converted to a Part 61 licence, all those sticky labels and stamps are obsolete. The details *should* be on your "new" licence, and any new stuff and renewals gets written on your licence.

Just make sure to look at your licence/ratings/etc on the CASA Self-Service Portal ... you have to go a long way to find someone who's details haven't been stuffed-up in some way or another. Check that all those codes (some of which are not very intuitive) match what you should be able to do, and that the type codes are correct. The "command" type ratings changed format and lots of those got transferred incorrectly - your old "XXX" rating was for command but the new same "XXX" code is copilot only - the command version being "XXX(SP)" (single pilot)!

FedupSo
27th Oct 2018, 21:37
Such an informative and prompt response. Thank you very much .

romeocharlie
28th Oct 2018, 05:52
Don't do it. Once you've converted - you'll regret having to pay for the over-inflated, underperforming product and will be stuck. Genuinely wish I'd just stuck to a paper logbook, especially after they have increased prices exponentially over the years. Their 'new' features are pointless. Personal opinion only... If you've already bought it - you can add photos of all the sticky labels, and keep the originals safe at home.

Fuel-Off
28th Oct 2018, 06:29
I'd recommend mccPILOTLOG. One off payment for the enterprise version and does exactly the same as logtenpro. It will even convert your logten data to the mcc format very easily. I've been using it for about 5 years now and never had a problem with the software. Heaps of my colleagues use it and found their customer support very helpful.

Fuel-Off :ok:

josephfeatherweight
28th Oct 2018, 07:27
I'd recommend mccPILOTLOG. One off payment for the enterprise version and does exactly the same as logtenpro. It will even convert your logten data to the mcc format very easily. I've been using it for about 5 years now and never had a problem with the software. Heaps of my colleagues use it and found their customer support very helpful.

Thanks - this is the recommendation I was chasing also. Need to change from Logten as my original version "no longer works" on my Mac. Logten's ongoing subscription fee is absurd!!

NOSIGN
29th Oct 2018, 14:43

Another thumbs up for mccpilotlog

empacher48
29th Oct 2018, 18:42

Another thumbs up for mccPILOTLOG here.

FedupSo
30th Oct 2018, 00:10
Once again, thanks for all the recommendations. Sounds like I can’t go too far wrong with MCCpilot log.

Roller Merlin
31st Oct 2018, 13:35
mccPILOTLOG is great. Converted from Log10ripoffmerchants last year. It even goes into my airline's system and downloads the flight times!