PDA

View Full Version : Getting hold of Diamond Flight Academy

ollie135
27th Oct 2018, 10:12
I`ve been trying to get hold of DFA for the last couple of weeks/months to have a chat about their CPL ME IR course with a view to trying to sign up for next May time. By all accounts they`re a good, efficient, and relatively well priced school as well as being part of the Wings alliance which I view as a form of quality assurance! The trouble is that no matter how many times I email, call, text, or facebook them I can never get through. Does anyone have any experience of getting hold of them and how you managed it? (So far I`ve tried calling Henrik and Mathias but no joy).

Thanks,

Ollie

jaydotbe
22nd Jan 2019, 17:08
I'm now trying to too. How long did it take for you to get a response, and how long should I wait till I send a follow up email?

B61
22nd Jan 2019, 18:13
I made a number of enquirers by email before Christmas, with some specific questions.

in all cases they were answered in full later that day, or by the following day.

jaydotbe
23rd Jan 2019, 09:53
I made a number of enquirers by email before Christmas, with some specific questions.

in all cases they were answered in full later that day, or by the following day.

Ouch. Did I use the right [email protected]?

B61
23rd Jan 2019, 19:21
That's correct.

Try [email protected]

Remember, they are trying to do flying plus deal intelligently with enquiries themselves rather than pay some admin no-nothing or marketing b/s merchant to deal with you, all of whom add cost but provide next to nothing in terms of value added.

jaydotbe
23rd Jan 2019, 19:34
That's correct.

Try [email protected]

Remember, they are trying to do flying plus deal intelligently with enquiries themselves rather than pay some admin no-nothing or marketing b/s merchant to deal with you, all of whom add cost but provide next to nothing in terms of value added.

Thank you. And I will keep that in mind! They are my first choice. And I have 1½ years of university left so my planned start date is Monday 13th July 2020 so I'm trying to get my enquiry in nice and early. I'll wait until Monday (7 days after) to send a follow up email to the one you posted. Thanks again.

ShamrockF
24th Jan 2019, 08:29
They only assess candidates 4-5 months in advance, so you're in plenty time for July 2020.

If you (and Henrik) have time, it might be worthwhile visiting to see the school.

jaydotbe
24th Jan 2019, 08:55
They only assess candidates 4-5 months in advance, so you're in plenty time for July 2020.

If you (and Henrik) have time, it might be worthwhile visiting to see the school.

Bartolini, Poland was in one of my top 3 too. I emailed them this week asking about availability for Summer 2020 and their waiting list is currently at October 2020! It's relaxing to hear that they only process that far in advance though. Maybe I'll get in touch via Wings Alliance (whom I am a member of) and see what they have to say
Hopefully I can get a chance to visit if time/money permits. As we all know Kalmar isn't 'overly' accessible.
Thanks!

jaydotbe
8th Feb 2019, 21:45
Just to update. Sent a follow-up email. Still no response :(

brocken_spectre
9th Feb 2019, 18:23
Just to update. Sent a follow-up email. Still no response :(

It took about 5 weeks for Henrik to reply to me, but he eventually did. As mentioned above, they're an extremely busy ATO and only take applications 4-5 months preceding a course start date.

jaydotbe
9th Feb 2019, 18:47
I can imagine. Too many overkeen enthusiasts like me clogging them up!