PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Air Ambulance REGA: Conditions?

pilotswitzerland2
24th Oct 2018, 08:47
Hi everyone

I'm looking for any information about working @Swiss Air Ambulance REGA on their challenger fleet. Does anyone have any information about roaster, salary, conditions etc.? Furthermore, I'm wondering about their selection process.
Can anyone provide some information? PN or post in this thread appreciated, thanks in advance!

Best, PilotSwitzerland2

You can’t use the Private Messaging system in or out, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

Iselbewohner
2nd Nov 2018, 21:49
Hi,

I'm actually looking for the same information.

best regards

skyraiderch
28th Nov 2018, 03:40
Hi!

sorry I’m not related to Rega, and the last one I knew there left (retired).

so my questions might be old news!

Selection: you basically do the Swiss International Airlines entry test

Working conditions: the management keeps telling they are a member sposored chrity and therefore can’t pay standard salaries - if I remember correctly PIC maxes somewhere around 10-11000chf/m before tax and other Swiss obligated deductions. Again, I might be wrong by now

Chefstaff: some ex Airforce and/or Swissair. If you like the “mood” they spread, you will be happy........... otherwise, well... (I’m not certain those are still there!)

Roster: when do you plan to get your ambulance next time? See.... roster is based on requests. Long duty common, often it all depends on what when where who. According to my former contact, 70% of their transported passenger die shortly after the flight. So you see the “Type” of guest you get. No confirmed numbers again, just heard say. Also I don’t know if today they have a defined roster for jet pilots. BUT you fly Easa commercial duty limits! So some protection.

Don’t want to talk negative about REGA here, it’s just (maybe old) facts. They don’t have a high fluctuation and that normally means good company. Finally, you fly for Red Cross, maybe the most rewarding aviation if you save lives of other people with your piloting? The company seems to be very stable, even tough mostly financed trough memberships. They are what.... 30y around and never in trouble? Never a crash (jets) and still basically unmatched but often tried to be copied in the world. These figures are impressive if you think about.

Hope was able to help. Maybe someone has more up to date infos and can “correct” my inputs. Would I join? Yes I would try!
good luck!

CL300
28th Nov 2018, 09:21
Medevac is tough whoever does it. REGA is among the best in town, but the bottom line, if you get there for fame and money you will be disappointed. May be 70% of Death in Flight is a bit High, but 50% definitely. This "market" is a global market, as a consequence by the time the insurance company is choosing the least saying proposal, that you get all the authorization etc.. your "customer" is often on the other side...