PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen

kenfoggo
24th Oct 2018, 06:22
is there any truth to the rumour that Jeppesen have withdrawn from assisting Cathay Pacific at any price and will not be involved any further in developing the CMP project or the JCR next phase add on ?

Rumour only, just seeking clarification.

OK4Wire
24th Oct 2018, 07:10
No idea, but would not be surprising. I remember the "fuel consultants" leaving with their tail between their legs in the '90s when they couldn't deliver their promised savings.

Flex88
24th Oct 2018, 07:30
No idea, but would not be surprising. I remember the "fuel consultants" leaving with their tail between their legs in the '90s when they couldn't deliver their promised savings.

+ About 3 software companies hired to "update" their IT systems.
+ The company hired to do the HPE just a year or so ago

++++++

Rumour - JCR aint gonna happen, suckers.....

bm330
24th Oct 2018, 21:50
JCR is dead.

JCP sodomizer and DL's merry band of excel warriors. TTW.

Farman Biplane
24th Oct 2018, 23:46
Time to ramp up the rostering feedback then?

unitedabx
25th Oct 2018, 05:27
JCR is dead.

JCP sodomizer and DL's merry band of excel warriors. TTW.

FAU has already rejected CMP so the Jeppy system will simply run their manual roster programme unchanged. At least the FAU had the balls to say no. The HKAOA yet again rolled over. Pathetic.

mothy1583
25th Oct 2018, 09:34
GMA newsletter just stated that JCR has been rejected on the basis of cost. Guess we aren't going to get the lifestyle roster requests we were hoping for.

unitedabx
25th Oct 2018, 13:06
GMA newsletter just stated that JCR has been rejected on the basis of cost. Guess we aren't going to get the lifestyle roster requests we were hoping for.

We never were getting it. HKAOA fooled again.

controlledrest
25th Oct 2018, 20:55
Without JCR crew will continue to make their own roster adjustments. Whats the cost for that?

reazasassain
26th Oct 2018, 00:36
CMPhttp://cathaypacific1.newsweaver.com/nwstatic/spacer.gifRumour Squasher - JCRhttp://cathaypacific1.newsweaver.com/nwstatic/spacer.gifThe business case for the implementation of JCR was submitted recently to ECC (Expenditure Control Committee). The business case has been reviewed, but not approved by ECC. ECC raised a number of concerns in relation to the system configuration and implementation as contemplated in the JCR configuration agreement, that would add further risk, cost and complexity into the business.

We are hopeful that we will find a way through these concerns with Jeppesen and the Associations and progress with a new rostering system.

Yes it is true.
Get ready to get robbed again.

cxorcist
26th Oct 2018, 02:39
JCR is a lot more than a crew request system. It increases the amount of flying on the published roster by assigning patterns much more optimally than humans can. Like JCP which optimizes patterns within defined constraints, JCR optimizes patterns assignment to individual crews’ rosters as it looks at every possible solution. The constraints work counter to the request system. Tighter constraints equals lower requests filled and vice versa.

CX would be stupid to pass on JCR because it further continues the work the JCP starts. The end goal is fewer pilots required to do the same amount of work. Increase the requests filled and sickness rates will go down. The art is in finding that perfect middle ground where enough requests are filled to lower sickness rates while simultaneously keeping the rosters highly productive. Other carriers have managed to do this, but CX likes to re-create the wheel.

I suspect DL wants nothing to do with JCR. It would essentially automate the entire published roster production process, as is the case at real airlines. If that happens, DL loses much of his power and importance. I have little doubt that DL has been working to sabotage JCR from day one. He doesn’t really care about the patterns flown, but he does care about who gets to do what, who makes EFP, and more precisely who doesn’t and has to fly the bad trips. Rostering is still a punitive tool at CX!

I won’t even attempt to delve into day of ops software (JCT). That is so beyond the pale for a bunch of Stone Age Neanderthals like CX ICM that it’s not worth discussing.

OK4Wire
26th Oct 2018, 04:40
Correct. On this, the jellyfish listens to DL.

Starbear
26th Oct 2018, 05:09
Correct. On this, the jellyfish listens to DL.

well he has to listen to someone. I doubt he has had one original thought or idea in 40 years.

Apple Tree Yard
26th Oct 2018, 23:56
".....I'm shocked! Shocked to find that gambling is going on in here...." (courtesy of Captain Renault, Casablanca).