PDA

View Full Version : Flying School for Pilot in the Philippines.

blazeflying015
24th Oct 2018, 05:55
Hi All,

I just want to get some insights from you guys, especially students and/or Pilots from the philippines.

I am currently choosing a school. Below are my choices.
Note that this is based on my budget.

1. Asian institute of Aviation -

Pros 200 Flying hours Multi engine rating. Package includes uniforms, materials etc. Except accomodation
Cons: I cant get enough reviews about AIA and they are a young Flying school.

2. Royhle Flight Training Academy -
Pros: Almost same with AIA, although this has more aircraft.
Cons: Same with AIA.

3. Airworks aviation academy and All Asia Aviation
Pros: One of the largest school in PH. No question with the legitimacy as per my researc.
Cons: With the same Price of # 1 and 2, this will only give you 166Total flying hours w/ single engine.

Please help me decide, or maybe if you could also suggest me a better one. My budget would be on the range of the tuition fee of each school I mentioned(2M PHP)

v5city
4th Nov 2018, 21:54
The question is where do u intend to go after your training????

blazeflying015
5th Nov 2018, 04:13
Hi Sir,

Thanks for replying to my thread.

Thats a good question sir. Honestly, I want to be a Airline commercial Pilot. I am also wondering how will I get there.

Please tell me your thoughts about this and advises also before I get to decide on what school to start my training.

Hoping for your reply sir.

v5city
5th Nov 2018, 04:51
If you don't hold the citizenship, u r set in for a hell of a ride. No way to be a commercial pilot after ur training with minimum hours. All the schools r gonna say they gonna employ you, it might happen but most probably it won't happen for atleast a year or may be 2 years of waiting. So you need to think wisely before u start. Once u start there is no going back .

blazeflying015
6th Nov 2018, 01:20
Hi Sir,

Yes I understand theres no going back. And I have to embrace it, the culture, the environment and the politics in the aviation industry. But having said that, I also need to do my part, not just giving my best but maybe somehow being on my top.

Thats why before I start, I wanna make sure that I will be able to choose the right school. I think this is the very first step that I really need to make sure and make the right decision. So far those schools does not promise an employment but rather to give students a good experience and training.

I just want to know also if you have any ideas and reviews of those schools.

Thanks and regards,

blazeflying015
6th Nov 2018, 01:22
By the sir, if you dont mind, Can I get your email address? So I can also ask some questions from you sir.

Thanks

v5city
6th Nov 2018, 08:13
The culture, environment and politics and all those crap r once u get in the right seat. If u don't make it there it's not an issue for u. I guarantee u none of the schools is gonna give u an edge, or no one is gonna look into your school, it's all about your flying hours. Getting cpl is easy coz u r the one paying for it. I suggest u get into it with a stand by plan like getting a 320 or 737 rating. I would not suggest u spending that lot of money but since there r lot of guys with lot of money at home who will pay even to work, its the worst least option to consider a rating.

v5city
6th Nov 2018, 08:18
Schools have sweet deals and packages to lure you,lot of promises you gonna find out the truth only once u start. Do your research and make an intelligent decision. Good luck man.

blazeflying015
8th Nov 2018, 08:34
Wow! thanks for the advise. I'll note that all.
Yeah ur correct a lot of guys out there that can pay their rating, and the least that all the aspiring pilots can do.
I dont know how will I get there coz honestly the least that I can get so far is up to CPL/IR and maybe a 40% chance that I could also get FI course. But most probably until CPL/IR only. Which is I get ur point that I dont have any have with majority of the aspiring pilots now.

But I hope I can still be as competitive as the others(with rating) when I get there. I'm just worried that I will make a wrong decision when choosing school. If you have any feedbacks and reviews about the said school please help me or tell something.

Then maybe my best option after my training.

Thank you sir for all this information.

AviationTrainer
13th Nov 2018, 04:10
Check out one of the pilot training directories which list all the schools and they will be able to give you personal advice.

near_desu
15th Jul 2023, 02:29
Update on this? Have you started your training already? Currently looking for a flying school in the Philippines as well, I'm a Filipino citizen.

LG7838
2nd Aug 2023, 05:22
List of Flying Schools and Maintenance Schools in the Philippines (https://caap.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/List-of-Pilot-Maintenance-Schools-As-of-Mar.-6-2023.pdf)

coolhawk
13th Aug 2023, 11:58
Hi All,

I just want to get some insights from you guys, especially students and/or Pilots from the philippines.

I am currently choosing a school. Below are my choices.
Note that this is based on my budget.

1. Asian institute of Aviation -

Pros 200 Flying hours Multi engine rating. Package includes uniforms, materials etc. Except accomodation
Cons: I cant get enough reviews about AIA and they are a young Flying school.

2. Royhle Flight Training Academy -
Pros: Almost same with AIA, although this has more aircraft.
Cons: Same with AIA.

3. Airworks aviation academy and All Asia Aviation
Pros: One of the largest school in PH. No question with the legitimacy as per my researc.
Cons: With the same Price of # 1 and 2, this will only give you 166Total flying hours w/ single engine.

Please help me decide, or maybe if you could also suggest me a better one. My budget would be on the range of the tuition fee of each school I mentioned(2M PHP)

I did my training in Philippines and working here as well.

out of your 3 choice I can recommend you Royhle Flight Training Academy . and If you dont hold citizenship here job oppertunities are very little as of now. I got placed in 2016 and due to huge demand that time many foreigners got job in local airlines here inlcuding myself. but things change always and possible in future they might open up for fresh graduates as well ( for foreign nationals )