PDA

View Full Version : Hungary flight school

jacarandaa
24th Oct 2018, 01:24
wonder if any of you has any insight on Hungary’s (Budapest) flight training? The review looks okay online and a all inclusive PPL costs about $7,000 EURO which is a significantly lower than other countries in Europe? Would appreciate any responses!

flapsupboy
24th Oct 2018, 09:50
Have a look at skytaxi.hu in Kalosca which is also known as Bestfly. PPL in a C152 for 5750€ and 6000€ in a 172.They have a fleet of 12 C152s. Thats all I know.
​​​

youngretired
24th Oct 2018, 20:00
Just stay away from cavok. I've heard a lot from my friends about how awful they are.
Also keep in mind that most of the time the low cost comes with other expenses like lack of education, maintenance. So do not buy a training by it's cover and try to visit a school before you enrol. And this is a very good rule for Hungary.

jacarandaa
25th Oct 2018, 01:14
Have a look at skytaxi.hu in Kalosca which is also known as Bestfly. PPL in a C152 for 5750€ and 6000€ in a 172.They have a fleet of 12 C152s. Thats all I know.
​​​

thanks mate!

jacarandaa
25th Oct 2018, 01:15
Just stay away from cavok. I've heard a lot from my friends about how awful they are.
Also keep in mind that most of the time the low cost comes with other expenses like lack of education, maintenance. So do not buy a training by it's cover and try to visit a school before you enrol. And this is a very good rule for Hungary.

yep that’s one thing im concerned with the low cost. I’ve never visited a flight school before, any good rule of thumb to determine if it’s a decent school?

cheers!

turbopropmike
25th Oct 2018, 08:38
yes, in cavok you have to literally fight to get a plane avalaible.