PDA

View Full Version : Wamos A330 on Norwegian Flights

Dave Gittins
23rd Oct 2018, 12:13
Have just been told by text that Wamos's A330 will be operating our Norwegian flight to Denver (LGW-DEN) on 22 December. Noted that at present it's doing LGW-JFK.

This aeroplane appears to have got some terrible press but interspersed are some good reports. It may be that some of the bad press is about a 747 they also operate and we can rely on the reports that suggest the premium offering on the A330 is akin to BA Club World.

There are also rumours on the Web that the 787 engine issues at Norwegian are close to fixed and the A-330 will be discontinued after 29 Oct 18 but our booking doesn't reflect that.

We were booked in Premium with Norwegian and appear to be in one of the first 4 rows on the A-330 and have had to go online and re-assign our seats after some fool assigned Mrs G and me 2A and 3A.

Any have any real info about the state of the aeroplane and the quality of the service ? .. oh and the other rumour round Gatwick that it's Tech more often than not.?

Hotel Tango
23rd Oct 2018, 13:55
I found this review.

In the build up to our holiday Norwegian Air have been an absolute disgrace. Our flight changed from Norwegian to Hifly then hours before to Wamos. We googled Wamos & the reviews like Hifly were the stuff of nightmares. We booked Premium with Norwegian & were so surprised when we boarded the flight to find us in business class with fully reclining seat/ bed. Expecting nothing to work & the service from hell, we were blown away by how good every part of the flight & service was! Can’t thank Wamos enough to repair the damage caused by Norwegian!

Wamos operate both the B747 (x6) and the A330 (x5), but I don't know which type featured in this review.

BA318
23rd Oct 2018, 14:02
Apparently the Wamos 747 is awful but the A330 isn't too bad - especially in Business.

This review says: "Compared with Norwegian’s 2-3-2 recliner seats on their Dreamliners, this represents an upgrade for premium passengers. Economy class passengers have the same layout as the Norwegian Dreamliner that would usually operate the service".

https://onemileatatime.com/norwegian-leased-aircraft-new-york/

Mr @ Spotty M
23rd Oct 2018, 19:57
The Wamos A330 has just had the lease extended to Jan 10th 2019, to be operating LGW-DEN, LGW-ORD & LGW-FLL.

EIFFS
23rd Oct 2018, 22:10
On going Trent problems I'm affriaid, but Norwegian are not alone in this respect.

Dave Gittins
25th Oct 2018, 08:29
Thanks folks .. maybe our luck is better that we thought.