PDA

View Full Version : School in one country and exams in another EASA

NMC02
23rd Oct 2018, 00:37
Hello everyone,
I’m struggling to find answers for this question, probably it’s a silly one but here it goes,
is it possible to attend classes or enter an e-learning ATPL Theory course in one country (ex. Poland or Czech Republic) and attend the exams in another EASA country like Portugal or Spain?
If it is possible wha are the basic requirements for that.

It would be great if anyone knows something about it since I’ve been reading EASA’s documents and didn’t find anything related to this matter!

paco
23rd Oct 2018, 11:25
It is possible - we do that all the time, particularly Germany, Austria, Norway, Ireland, etc. Put another way, you can use a foreign school for exams in your country.

Phil

Alex Whittingham
23rd Oct 2018, 12:05
but you must take all your ATPL theory exams under the authority of one single State, in other words it is NOT OK to try and do some exams in Poland, some in Greece and some in the UK.

ShamrockF
23rd Oct 2018, 13:09
You still have to attend some classroom lectures though. I pop over to Alex and the team at Bristol for a week every module and they then sign off my application to my local CAA. I don't think it's possible to do 100% distance learning, there must be part of it classroom based.

NMC02
23rd Oct 2018, 22:31
Thank you guys that really answered my question, really appreciate!

miguel22
14th Nov 2018, 09:04
Hello all,

I have a similar question. How difficult is the process of validating ATPL exams done in one EASA country (for example Portugal or Switzerland) and then going to Poland to do the IR+MEP-IR?

Basically I am considering doing the ATPl theory on distance learning in Switzerland and do all exams here. Then I would like to go to Poland or other EASA country to do the pratical part. Is this feasible/easy?

Thanks! :)

paco
14th Nov 2018, 09:37
It is.......

miguel22
14th Nov 2018, 09:45
It is.......

Any idea if the process of validating the ATPL theory in another EASA country takes a lot of time? Or it's enough if I present a certificate in English with the completion of all exams?

Thanks.

paco
14th Nov 2018, 13:23
Just completed exam results should be enough - a school's certificate is only meant to certify that you are ready for the exams in the first place

phil