PDA

View Full Version : SRG1100 form - Temporary Certificate

Superpilot
19th Oct 2018, 08:31
SRG1100 form - Temporary Certificate of Licence Privileges for Ratings or Certificates (http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1100Issue03Enabled.pdf)

This little-known gem supposedly allows those who have just completed a new type rating and passed their initial (LST) to exercise their privileges without waiting for the CAA to process the usual paperwork (which can take a month or two). Hardly anyone knows about it. I called the helpline and even the girls and boys manning the helpline consider it "not a very well known" form. They struggled to answer some basic questions about it's usage.

My question is has anyone recently signed or made use of one? And is this normally all I need or is there a separate form that needs to be filled alongside it? (I'm thinking SRG1112 - Certificate of landing completion to verify ZFTT). Any limitations or other advice?

Of course, the SRG2199, SRG1158 and SRG1119A is to be sent too).

Thanks

mcdhu
23rd Oct 2018, 22:00
Yes, signed quite a few after completing LSTs on pilots destined for a U.K. airline - some going for ZFT and some requiring base training afterwards. The SRG 1100 enables them to carry on down whichever route they need to follow.
sure, the other SRG forms you mention are required and I believe that when all are complete, the ‘candidate’ uploads all of them to the CAA for issue of the appropriate rating.
Cheers,
mcdhu

Superpilot
26th Oct 2018, 08:06
Thanks for your input!

beamer
6th Nov 2018, 21:29
My eight week 'chit' has just run out and guess what, still nothing back from the CAA so technically I am now grounded. It is a good job that I no longer fly for hire or reward !

Superpilot
10th Nov 2018, 10:48
Oh, not a good sign. They were quoting 4 weeks 3 weeks ago! :uhoh:

beamer
10th Nov 2018, 20:34
Still waiting my licence to be returned but they did process payment on friday so hopefully not much longer to wait.

One thing to bear in mind. If you make any mistake with an application, they will e-mail you rather than attempt to ring you. There is no pending tray so you go back to the bottom of the pile and the waiting period starts all over again.

If you make an enquiry by telephone, the 'agents' are friendly enough, dare I also say sympathetic, but they are not licencing officers and are not able to bypass the system. What they will do is add notes to your computer profile and confirm receipt of any paperwork you may have sent by post or e-mail.

nb still not arrived by tuesday - second class post no doubt !

Now apparently with the quality control department so still not dispatched.......!!!