PDA

View Full Version : Low flying emb145 over amesbury Wiltshire 17/10/18

lotus1
18th Oct 2018, 12:55
i was driving through amesbury yesterday at around 15 30 when suddenly a low flying emb145 came shooting over I don't think it came out of boscombe down on checking flight radar at around 1545 there was a emb145 heading towards Cardiff from Paris anyone else see this

chevvron
18th Oct 2018, 15:44
It could have been the one BAe use to shuttle round various airfields, Amesbury being on the doorstep of Boscombe Down.
That one is based at Warton and does a Warton - Farnborough trip twice a day amongst other airfields.

DaveReidUK
18th Oct 2018, 16:05
Looks like it visited Farnborough twice yesterday, about 8 hours apart, so plenty of time for going elsewhere in between.

chevvron
18th Oct 2018, 17:14
Pure speculation but maybe a BAe pilot delivered an aircraft to Boscombe and the E145 went to pick him up; used to happen quite often (using a Dove) when Dunsfold were delivering 'new' aircraft.

SpringHeeledJack
18th Oct 2018, 19:53
Just out of interest, do the BAe shuttles operate the routes primarily because the very skilled workers don't want to live where the factories are located ? I've noticed non-jet shuttles between EGLF and EGNL.

Dct_Mopas
18th Oct 2018, 21:15
The BAe shuttles have existed for many years, linking the various BAe sites/ expertise. Everyone I know who works for BAe live near work, just end up shuttling around for various projects/ meetings/ courses etc. The EGNL operation is for the submarine work at Barrow, using Kingair’s under the “Vickers” callsign, totally separate from the corporate air travel BAe146/ E145 operation at Warton.

SpringHeeledJack
19th Oct 2018, 18:21
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't appreciate that BAe had the 'Airbus style' of engineers working in disparate locations on the same projects.

chevvron
19th Oct 2018, 18:32
The '146/E145s also do/did trips to Manching almost daily; Filton was on the schedule too.
The Kingairs also do twice daily trips to Farnborough; both operations use an apron on the south side separate from the TAG aprons on the north side and they have their own gate from the airfield leading directly onto the BAe HQ site.

Gulf4uk
20th Oct 2018, 07:50
Update on the King Airs they no longer use the BAE -SYS Terminal area but now use main Ramp. The 145 At times replaced by BAE146 or EZE Jetstream