PDA

View Full Version : Class one medical

Mpk93
16th Oct 2018, 14:03
I know questions like these have probably been posted alot of times but im looking for some more recent fresh advice if possible.

Atpl has been the dream all my life im 25 and can almost touch it now i have earned enough money to do the integrated course. Top of my list now is obtain a Class 1 medical before i think any further. Now i must be open and honest and say that over the years i have been back and forth to my gp with the slightest little thing being abit of a hypochondriac, ive thought i had heart problems had everything checked and its completely fine i thought i was depressed once got tablets and never took them ive been to him see him for all sorts being stupid when i was younger and nothing has ever been wrong with me, im completely fine very fit and healthy and over being a hypochondriac.

What would a caa examiner think of all this am i going to sound too weak and ott to get given my class 1 medical? Will they physically see my gp records and be able to read what i have seen him about? Any advice or info you can give me would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mpk93
17th Oct 2018, 19:53
Can anyone help me out?

tsvpilot
21st Oct 2018, 13:53
You need to fill out a form stating any medical conditions / diagnoses you have ever had. As you have been diagnosed with depression (does not matter if you ever took any pills or not) you need to disclose this and bring all GP notes with you to the AME. This is very likely to get you deferred and sent over to CAA approved psychiatrist for further evaluation (you should not worry too much about it if you are not suffering from depression anymore). Best advise is to disclose everything that is asked rather than wonder if they will be able to find out or not.