PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Distance Learning?

galey
31st Jul 2001, 10:34
Hey fellow aviators

Going to start ATPLs around September. (nightmare) Whos the best distance learner dudes?

Delta Wun-Wun
31st Jul 2001, 18:15
You can`t use the search engine I know,But if you click on the box in the top right hand corner and highlight "show topics from last 100 days" it should turn up enough info.
I am studying at Bristol....very impressive.
:D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool:

Unusual Attitude
1st Aug 2001, 03:13
OATS is the mutts nutts !

I averaged 90% on my 8 tech exams and I'm thick ! (ish)
Everyone else at my exams were oohing and ahhing at the OATS coursework so I have no regrets in speonding more and choosing them.

Best of luck whatever you decide !!

Regards

UA

Mike Oxbig
4th Aug 2001, 01:37
I found Bristol to be very good. Passed the techs and navs first time. I would recommend the 4 week residential for the navs if you have the time (and money)! Good luck.

Luke SkyToddler
4th Aug 2001, 10:20
Bristol without a doubt, still the best outfit in the business. First time passes on every subject with lowest mark in the mid - 80s and a couple of 100%'s :D

Best advert for them, is that in many years of following this forum I have never seen even ONE controversial hot headed or negative comment about them, how many other schools can you say that about?

ATCNightmare
10th Aug 2001, 03:19
Long shot but Rainbows if your still reading this check your profile PLS

davebuckley
10th Aug 2001, 03:37
I found PPSC to be excellent, and the brush up course was money well spent. I did perf with Bristol groundschool- also highly recommended.

EGCC4284
10th Aug 2001, 10:17
http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=010130

Token Bird
10th Aug 2001, 19:45
Now that PPSC have bitten the bullet :( (see t'other thread), does anyone else know of any other outfits which come even close to them for the distance-learning ATPLs (and don't anyone say Bristol, 'cos I've heard bad things about them). I was literally about to sign up with PPSC.

I don't want to pay through the nose for Oxford. Has anyone any experience of AFT's distance learning? They seem like a sound outfit.

TB

EGDR
10th Aug 2001, 21:23
Bird

Don't know what you heard about Bristol but I was there last month for the brush up prior to doing the exams this week. I feel fairly confident about passing them, Bristol covered everything that came up.

You could do a lot worse than Bristol , PPSC for example !!!

Delta Wun-Wun
10th Aug 2001, 21:44
Token Bird,
What have you heard about Bristol?
Don`t mind an e-mail if you prefer.

trolleydollylover
10th Aug 2001, 23:37
I am at Atlantic, doing their distance learning. After looking around I find all the schools of a muchness. Except PPSC where I found one gent to be objectional. I chose Atlantic because they have an airline as back up and I would like to work for them.
Make sure whoever that you choose has a strong background, otherwise you may lose your money if they go to the wall. See my other thread. Some may go sooner than you think. It is a serious amount of money to throw away.
Good luck.