PDA

View Full Version : BMI regional at EMA no more

BryanC123
29th Jul 2002, 18:36
Well the long awaited BMI announcement has been made. BMI regional will no longer operate out of EMA and BMI baby will fill the gap. Probably makes good business sense but how is it going to effect the business pass. Now they cannot fly with BMI regional in the business class section are they going to settle for a seat on a low cost carrier such as BMI baby. Also I wonder where the extra 737 aircraft required to operate BMI baby out of EMA and CWL are going to come from.

The BMI baby winter schedule is to be put out on 1st Aug so we shall wait and see

KingoftheRoad
29th Jul 2002, 20:16
Bryan, there is a whole fleet of them at LHR.

They'll all be gone by next spring :cool:

This is not the last 'Big Announcement'..........

Just the first of many to come over the next months ;)

682ft AMSL
1st Aug 2002, 10:48
New bmi baby timetable now available. All existing regional routes to be transfered with the following weekday frequenices

AMS x 3
BFS x 2 (airport change from BHD)
BRU x 2
EDI x 3
GLA x 3
CDG x 3

Weekend only services to Jersey as well as the new destinations of Salzburg and Toulouse have been announced.

No mention yet from bmi regional on what they are planning to do with the EMB-145s that are now not needed at EMA.

Mialo
1st Aug 2002, 14:14
bmir business class section? Oh boy you can't half tell em..!!!

BryanC123
1st Aug 2002, 21:25
Mialo, I totally agree with what u are talking about but it hasnt stopped the business pax buying them and although there is not a great deal difference on board there is defo a difference in price!!

Business pax just like the thought of being in BUSINESS class because the company is paying, regardless of the service....:p

tuach2000
2nd Aug 2002, 14:53
Will through ticketing be available or will I have to go through two independant transactions to get from EMA to Bordeaux - one with Baby for EMA - CDG and another with AF for CDG - BOD

alterego
3rd Aug 2002, 15:00
Tuach 2000

Probably best to drive to BHX and go direct.

tuach2000
5th Aug 2002, 10:41
alterego

In the case of BOD that makes sense. It was more the principle that interested me of whether Baby may offer through ticketing. I believe low cost carriers typically do not. If Baby are not going to, then there is an argument for saying that this another reduction in service level to some customers.

BryanC123
7th Aug 2002, 17:06
Along the same lines the rumour is that extra EMB145 at EMA, one is going to GLA and the other going to MAN and operating to TLS. No details as yet just a rumour

Hap Hazard
7th Aug 2002, 18:51
What ever way you look at it, it sounds like a pile of pooh!

Thomas Cook Airlines
8th Aug 2002, 18:03
Will all the new planes be -300 models?
The reason i ask is, if they wanted to use -300s, would'nt they have to buy second-hand ones now, as there are few left with bmi.
And, would the -500 be a sensible choice as the new baby type on the new EMA routes.
I mean, it will have roughly the same number as seats as the Fokkers?
And Southwest use them, so they must be good for Lccs.

dairy milk
9th Aug 2002, 09:37
T C Airlines might have a point.
I ve heard BMI Baby are to use f100 on BFS-LHR route, again only talk.

KingoftheRoad
9th Aug 2002, 12:06
The problem with Midlands' -500's as I see it is they don't have integral airstairs.
No good for a low-coster. Jetties cost money. Mobile steps too fiddley, and take too long.

MAN_Dispatcher
9th Aug 2002, 13:22
Actually, some of the BD 735s have integral airstairs, & handling agents don't charge for bringing mobile stairs to the a/c - it should just be part of the handling fee.

Speaking of handling, who'll be handling bmibaby at Cardiff - are Aviance still pulling out of CWL, as they had announced this before bmibaby said they were coming in.........

BryanC123
18th Aug 2002, 17:30
Latest rumour is that one of the EMB 145 that is to be pulled from EMA is going to based at SOU to operate SOU-MUC. Seems a bit strange as BMI regional have had no contact with SOU in the past.

nef
18th Aug 2002, 21:41
How many EMB 145's do bmi have based at EMA?

682ft AMSL
19th Aug 2002, 16:44
I believe there are 3. They operate the bmir services to BHD and BRU as well as some off-peak services to GLA and EDI.

bmir also have options for a further 9 machines. Whether these will be turned into firm orders should become clearer once a strategy for utilising the existing EMA fleet is known.

BryanC123
19th Aug 2002, 18:28
If it is true about both the MAN - TLS and the SOU - MUC then it will be interseting to see what they do about crews. At present they do have cabin crew based at MAN but because they dont have any a/c based there they end up operating services from LBA. Its the situation with the flight deck that will be interesting.

I just hope it doesnt lead to another round of lost jobs.......:(