PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - Two Weeks Left

BravoOne
29th Jul 2002, 17:00
I am having a meeting with my local HSBC soon and was wondering if anyone could advise on a business plan format that will impress? Please read on...I'm not totally incapable.

I have some ideas and suppose I am looking for confirmation really along with some extra advice.

I have decided to approach the meeting as follows:

1. Introduction of Myself and Current Qualifications.
2. Outline of the course I am about to undertake, ATPL/MCC, in a simple layman’s format, nothing too baffling that will put them to sleep.
3. Outline of my planned dates and costs - goals etc.
4. What time, capital and investment I have currently invested to prove my sincerity.
5. Current Market, some positive info on the upcoming trends and NOT the stagnant company stories, especially forecasts for my expected completion date.
Finally 6. Repayment, a break-even analysis showing when I hope to have paid them back etc... GULP!

If anyone has seen any good positive articles that I could add to my presentation then please point me to them. If anyone has included additional topics that have been missed then please add those ideas also.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
B1.

Baldie Man
29th Jul 2002, 19:37
Are you applying for a secured or unsecured loan?

BM.

G-SPOTs Lost
29th Jul 2002, 21:42
B1

Just completing my own little G-SPOT survey..... how old are you and do you have a PPL.

Best of Luck BTW

RED WINGS
30th Jul 2002, 06:14
From experience dont worry about the meeting with HSBC they are more than happy to throw money at you at currently 6% from issue of the cheque

If you are sure that you want this loan do yourself a favour dont bother with your own branch as they are usually baffled by the reasoning that the mad man sat in front of them would ever get a job as a pilot with the airline industry on its knees, go to the branch local to your fto as it is usually in contact with the fto and better clued up

One thing they did ask me for was written confirmation of a job offer at the end of the course!!!!!!! BONKERS!!! madness they were more than happy to lend the money if I was to do the MSc of my degree when nearly everyone that I graduated with is either unemployed or doing non-related jobs. But thats OK yet another hurdle as if the aviation industry wasnt enough!

the way I have done it is to get a CDL which gives you 8K 0% mixed with savings gives me enough to complete the groundschool and CPL modules before having to either remorgage or go with HSBC therefore cutting down interest payments to the min. But make sure you have the option to take out an extension on the load to cover the CDL before the interest honeymoon period ends as it can become quite expensive

Baldie Man
30th Jul 2002, 09:19
Whether you get the dosh or not largely depends on which branch you go to. Some branches will have targets that haven't been met yet and you knocking on the door may be just what they are looking for, others may not need the business.

I asked if you are applying for a secured loan as this could change things quite considerably in your planned approach to the meeting.

If it is unsecured then I cannot see that you need add anymore to what you have already got in your plan. Take it from someone who has been there and won. ;)

BM.

BravoOne
30th Jul 2002, 17:43
Many Thanks People,

What would I do without you?

BM - I currently have my own home and car. They are both only two years old unfortunately so I don't think that the house has matured enough to be asking for extra £££'s

G-SPOT - I am currently 25 Years old and am currently goinfg through my PPL at the moment!

Thanks again guys!! Fingers Crossed!
Regards,
B1.