PDA

View Full Version : Shanghai Airlines (good airline?)

boldstreet
11th Oct 2018, 13:23
I'm flying with them in two week to PVG from XIA. Are they any good? Have the utmost confidence in EU/NA pilot training but it's my first time flying with an asian airline and I'm a little nervous due to awfully bad prejudice (sorry if that's ignorant but hey). Got a Delta flight from PVG to DTW afterwards but I'm dreading the first leg. Does anybody fly for this airline and can gracefully tell me I'm being an ignorant piece of s**t?

Flying on the 738. I have a terrible, irrational fear of our pilots overlooking something so simple like flap configuration, angle of attack on take off and I get incredibly anxious on flights to the point where I sweat and ironically start looking like I have bad intentions. I really would choose to walk instead of flying (ikr).

I've flown about 10 hours as PIC over the course of a year (2015) but I still find myself terrified when I fly, due to a lack of control or awareness about what has or has not been done. What am I getting myself into in two weeks? Please give me your knowledge on this aircraft and pilot competency.

Fareastdriver
13th Oct 2018, 19:54
There is not a problem flying with a Chinese airline. Despite what people who have an axe to grind say, their safety record is as good as any.

Better looking cabin attendants than Delta.

The_Loner
18th Oct 2018, 02:29
"As good as any" doesn't bring much confidence in an operation in the PRC. How far can you go with cute flight attendants if there are morons running your company, under oversight of government morons? Foreigners are seen as the problem now, so the real problems are not being addressed.