PDA

View Full Version : Pegasus Airlines Interview ?

Ilyushin76
10th Oct 2018, 15:48
Hello. Been scheduled for a rather quick skype interview with Pegasus Airlines. Any idea what technical questions of the Airbus 320 should I expect?

The HR coordinator did state that it would be a HR interview followed by questions from 2 Captains, if they want to.

Thanks in advance.

IL-76

Smoke mountain
11th Oct 2018, 05:48
must be out of your mind working with Turks!

plt radioman
18th Oct 2018, 17:37

whats wrong with working with Turks? maybe there is an issue with you?

Smoke mountain
19th Oct 2018, 13:09
whats wrong with working with Turks? maybe there is an issue with you?

Been hearring very scary things about their attitude towards expats easpicaly Europeans! Had few problems with some of them, but its only my experience ,not sure how it goes with others though..

Ilyushin76
21st Oct 2018, 21:28

Still beats being enslaved by sand monkeys in the sandbox, don't you think ?

Ilyushin76
21st Oct 2018, 21:29
Been hearring very scary things about their attitude towards expats easpicaly Europeans! Had few problems with some of them, but its only my experience ,not sure how it goes with others though..

Yes, I have heard a thing or two about them as well. I'd surely be interested in knowing what happened with you.

Ilyushin76
26th Oct 2018, 11:09
If a pilot with a European passport says to them "you can not find a job in our country because of your passport but I am working easily in Turkey" , it is natural to face such problems. Maybe they can be tired of hearing this sentences from many European pilots!

The newly graduated Turkish pilots can only get a job in their own country. They can not apply to low cost companies such as Ryanair - Wizzair etc. because they don't have EU passport. That's why they do not welcome expat pilots working in their own countries.

They also think that if the European pilots working in Turkey had sufficient qualifications, they would have worked in Europe or Emirates/Qatar. We can't say this opinion is wrong, isn't it?!

Makes sense.

Smoke mountain
30th Oct 2018, 06:06
If a pilot with a European passport says to them "you can not find a job in our country because of your passport but I am working easily in Turkey" , it is natural to face such problems. Maybe they can be tired of hearing this sentences from many European pilots!

The newly graduated Turkish pilots can only get a job in their own country. They can not apply to low cost companies such as Ryanair - Wizzair etc. because they don't have EU passport. That's why they do not welcome expat pilots working in their own countries.

They also think that if the European pilots working in Turkey had sufficient qualifications, they would have worked in Europe or Emirates/Qatar. We can't say this opinion is wrong, isn't it?!

can't disagree !

@Ilyushin76 Good Luck mate

allatp
30th Oct 2018, 19:39
And by the way, how much is the captain salary and what are the benefits?
Thanks.

AA

Dubaian
1st Nov 2018, 12:18
When we talk about history at least Turks are not colonialist like Europeans.

What was the Ottoman Empire then ????

4runner
2nd Nov 2018, 02:16
What was the Ottoman Empire then ????
you already went there. Thanks. Turks are D Bags. I saw a A330 freighter try to do a left 90 hard turn, scrub the nose wheel off as they had shut down the right engine after landing. They tried to blame the Marshaller for making them turn too tight.

PGRDAERO
22nd Dec 2018, 20:51
I spent there 10 days in december, starting A320 OCC course : A320 pilots OCC is combined with B737 pilots OCC.
No integration nor presentation by anyone on the very first day, neither for one week.
First course at the first day : CRM and CFIT...
Most of ground instructors are F/O low experience as instructors, English level 4 on the paper, level 3 and less in real, pedago method is : openening laptop and watching movie on the wall : my daughter 4 years old can do same : Very few experts instructors.
Timing not respected, instructors late at showing time (last was 2h00 late), courses cancelled at last minute, paperworks requested at last minute, no contract in our hands after 10 days of OCC.
People charming but totally overloaded by their duty and more !
Conclusion : kinda chaotic organisation !

B-737
7th Jan 2019, 12:14
Hello

Any update about what they ask in Skype interview?

Thank you

skyman123
7th Jan 2019, 22:36
I am interested too for what they asked in the skype interview. thanks

sanpippo
9th Jan 2019, 16:13
Hello everyone,
I received an email from Pegasus Airline on the 13th december where they told me that I was successfull in the first step and they would call me in the next days. I haven't received any news about the company. Do you know how long I have to wait for their call? Have anyone of you received same email in the last weeks?
Thank you guys!

ironbutt57
9th Jan 2019, 23:19
Still beats being enslaved by sand monkeys in the sandbox, don't you think ?

if thats how you see the GCC, then you may have larger issues going to Turkey...while things are not ideal in the gulf, there are indeed many places that are less palatable...

skyman123
10th Jan 2019, 10:38
Hello everyone,
I received an email from Pegasus Airline on the 13th december where they told me that I was successfull in the first step and they would call me in the next days. I haven't received any news about the company. Do you know how long I have to wait for their call? Have anyone of you received same email in the last weeks?
Thank you guys!

Could you please tell us more about the first step ?

Thank you

sanpippo
11th Jan 2019, 16:11
I only applied on the website and I received an email where they told me that I was successfull. I don't know when they will call me or if they have made a mistake :suspect: They wrote that the next step will be the interview and sim assessment!
I hope that they will contact me soon.

caa71
9th Apr 2019, 05:28
I only applied on the website and I received an email where they told me that I was successfull. I don't know when they will call me or if they have made a mistake :suspect: They wrote that the next step will be the interview and sim assessment!
I hope that they will contact me soon.

watch out the group HR interview (stay humble, polite, don’t rise issues that will create wrong opinion to your colleagues). yes because psychologists (2) they will put all of you in a “fight for survive” situation ....there is where most of the heads are cut ! You will be scored by colleagues basically. About sim, if not changed, after cleaning aicraft stay at green dot or you will not match the MCA. Have a look at Let down procedure. Specifically where do you start missed approach (common question). Plus communication failure procedure (face to face interview).

caa71
9th Apr 2019, 05:31
[QUOTE=sanpippo;10358086]I only applied on the website and I received an email where they told me that I was successfull. I don't know when they will call me or if they have made a mistake :suspect: They wrote that the next step will be the interview and sim assessment!
I hope that they will contact me soon

UFO-flying-Airbus
29th May 2019, 10:53
Hello,

Quick question. I'm likely over-optimistic on this one but does Rostering in Pegasus allow pilots to work late flights instead of earlies? I currently fly for a carrier that works us hard and won't give us Part Time (hence my interest in the 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off at Pegasus) but I get almost all Late Duties which is nice.

Possible at Pegasus or is it more like 'here's your roster like it or leave it'? :-)

Regards

UFO-Flying-Airbus

caa71
29th May 2019, 11:38
Sorry to disagree with you. When you are moving to work outside your country you Must always be as much open minded as possible. This is because you are facing different cultures and religions which may differe alot from your. Sayd this, i can tell you that Turkish culture is based on a very strong sense of pride which is appreciable in every part of day life. Therefore it is noticeable also in aviation (especially old pilots). But, new generation pilots have theyr training outside turkey, university outside turkey and therefore they are more likely to be also more open minded. I noticed this during my beautifull experience in Turkish Airlines which I had to leave a couple of years ago, but where I still have many good turkish friends/colleagues. My overall experience there is absolutely positive.

But again, it depends on how open minded you are able to be. Otherwise you will have the same opinion wherever you go.

Good luck

fatbus
30th May 2019, 00:02
Then why is Turkish so desperate for expat pilots ?

Foxy737
31st May 2019, 13:10
One of the main reasons why Pegasus is constantly short of pilots is their rostering policy. They make you work like slaves.
People simply cannot go on any more after a certain time and leave.
4-5 legs a day 5 days a week are common. Plus endless positioning flights after duty.
I would think twice before joining them.

SuperJet
2nd Jun 2019, 09:09
Hello everyone.

Can anyone tell me the average (low and high season) average flying hours (Airbus fleet, if that makes any difference...) per month?

Are days off random or are a fair few of them in sets of 2-3 days (so you can travel or go home etc)?

Much appreciated.

Sincerely,

SJ

Foxy737
7th Jun 2019, 13:07
Hi UFO flying airbus,
Its more like take it or leave it. They can be very inhumane, impertinent and disrespectful towards flight crew.

sundays
31st Jul 2019, 11:15
Hello guys, any news from pegasus recruitment team.I've applied a couple of months ago the only email received from their side telling me that my application has been uploaded in their candidate tracking system.

Albatros03
9th Aug 2019, 07:27
Hi guys,

Any chance someone has any information to help me prepare for the online interview with Pegasus ? That would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Mili86
23rd Aug 2019, 02:19
Hey guys..

does anybody has an email address for the pilots recruitments? Or the HR for pilots..

I need to contact them.

thanks

ciccinovolante
6th Nov 2019, 04:31
Hi guys. I received a email from Pegasus saying that I'm short listed for a Skype interview. Since I'm not fully convinced to go ahead with the application, can anyone gives me an update regarding the company and their currently operations (specially for15/15 commuting options)? I'm looking for honest advices, please try to leave emotions out of the answer. Thank to everyone who will share his/her experience. P.s. any info regarding the interview itself? What they ask for?

alohadje
20th Nov 2019, 12:34
Hi guys,
any new info about this airline? How are things? What to expect if joining...?

Wingman82
28th Nov 2019, 22:01
Uupd who screwed you? Youre ex turkish girlfriend maybe, or were you not good enough??