PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

LadyCPT
8th Oct 2018, 17:42
Hello,

I'm not sure whether there isn't a thread about new people joining in. I just wanted to say 'hi' to all of you and to say that I'm really happy to have joined this community.

I hope I can contribute stuff but also learn lots of things from everyone else.

HUGS :)

Fareastdriver
8th Oct 2018, 21:00
Well if nobody else will I say Welcome Aboard!!!! Assuming you are of the fairer sex than you must be an improvement. There is a fairly wide range of personalities on board so you shouldn't get bored.

denachtenmai
8th Oct 2018, 21:16
Again, welcome. You will develop, probably, a cynical outlook on the world by reading some threads but don't worry this is normal.;)

Pontius Navigator
8th Oct 2018, 21:17
Welcome, I am sure you will learn much, especially about the curious characters that frequent the place.

hiflymk3
8th Oct 2018, 21:40
Hello, good evening and welcome. You're bound to meet some good people here, (well some;-)

If you find the bar please let me know.

funfly
8th Oct 2018, 22:30
Impressed by your profile young lady. I used to teach Judo but otherwise we have nothing in common except being contributors to this mad-house.
I don't fly nowadays but, in common with many posters on here, the less I fly, the more expert I become on matters flying.
In fact as I age, I find that my opinions on almost any subject are the correct ones, therefore I am keen to express them.

FunFly

Pontius Navigator
8th Oct 2018, 22:52
In fact as I age, I find that my opinions on almost any subject are the correct ones, therefore I am keen to express them.

FunFly
Based on hard won experience and survival.

gemma10
8th Oct 2018, 23:18
Hi, despite my handle I am not of the fairer sex, that was the age and name of my german shepherd when I joined. Sadly she has gone now and I have another shepherd but I won`t be changing my handle to Gibbs5. Gave up flying a spam can last year. Hope you learn a lot from other threads, cos you won`t learn much on JB!

Gordy
9th Oct 2018, 00:59
Ola & Welcome.....I too am British-American, although these days do hold a US passport exclusively.

megan
9th Oct 2018, 01:44
Welcome my Lady to this Godless world of JB, you'll understand why in good time. You are to be congratulated also on posting such a detailed profile, most hide in a burrow somewhere. One warning, no mention of aviation on JB, for some unfathomable reason it upsets the natives.

Loose rivets
9th Oct 2018, 02:27
PLANES!!!!!!!!

HA HA HA HA, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Some of us still have free will. I am not a number.

I'll be alright in a minute.

sitigeltfel
9th Oct 2018, 02:35
One warning, no mention of aviation on JB, for some unfathomable reason it upsets the natives.

You just mentioned it, report to the guardroom!

(Awake at stupid o'clock to participate in a conference call :()

Bergerie1
9th Oct 2018, 08:22
LadyCPT,

You are most welcome. There are a few old f**rts amongst us, but also some really knowledgeable people. Try looking up posts by John Farley who sadly died recently. He has written some real gems.

Pinky the pilot
9th Oct 2018, 10:53
Concur with the welcome greetings of the above posters.:ok:

Could someone please inform Nurse that Rivets needs his pills again!:D:E And preferably along with a tot of a good single Malt.:ok:

LadyCPT
9th Oct 2018, 14:38
Thank you so much everyone. You are very kind :)
​​​​​​HUGS

Trossie
10th Oct 2018, 07:45
Welcome!

Now don't take life too seriously here! You will find that those who do really stand out as 'misfits'!!

meadowrun
10th Oct 2018, 07:51
Welcome onboard.
We range far afield.

treadigraph
10th Oct 2018, 10:13
Welcome!

We are an assortment of pilots, non-pilots, would-be pilots, aviation professionals, enthusiasts, oldsters, youngsters, middle-agesters, lefties, righties, fence-sitters, tree-huggers, fascists, neo-fascists, communists, crypto-communists, snowflakes, ne'er-do-wells, apologists, crypto-apologists, russo-apologists, Trump-apologists, humanists, humourists, comics, tragedians, philanthropists, tight-wads, Easterners, Southerners, Northerners, Westerners, Antipodeans, Orientals, Occidentals, Accidentals, know-alls, know sod-alls, wind-up merchants, wound-up merchants, cynics, fatalists, geniuses, idiots, inclusives, exclusives, normal, ab-normal, new-normal, strange, odd, whacky, chippy... and me and my mate Fred. In short a microcosm of society and generally very nice people... Did I miss anyone?

:)

Krystal n chips
10th Oct 2018, 10:15
Well yes, welcome to JB and the effusive social introductions being extended towards you.....

However, once the revelry about your arrival has abated, you may start to discover this little sketch summates the views of many of the male contributors, probably because they are firmly entrenched in the era depicted, regarding your gender and intellect.

But I'm sure you've had the misfortune to meet plenty in the real world as well...... so Jurassic Blast won't come as any surprise.

Look forward to your contributions therefore as ladies are certainly under represented on here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Trossie
10th Oct 2018, 10:36
... you may start to discover this little sketch summates the views of many of the male contributors, ...

...Bigot.

Don't take him too seriously, not many do!

But then, as I suggested, don't take yourself too seriously either.

treadigraph has 'summed us up' perfectly!!!

Mac the Knife
10th Oct 2018, 11:21
Yep, treadigraph (https://www.pprune.org/members/45458-treadigraph) summed it up nicely.

Welcome aboard! Before Internet Brands bought Danny out there was a much more savage, free-wheelin' and interesting PPRuNe, but I got the habit and keep coming back...

Mac

denachtenmai
10th Oct 2018, 12:12
Ah, Trossie beat me, you have now "met" knc, our own little ray of sunshine, has a "unique" take on life and you will soon learn to ignore him, many do. :E

Loose rivets
11th Oct 2018, 02:28
Is it time for a Wibble, yet?

:\

Ah, good. I don't think I could have carried on much longer without one.

B Fraser
11th Oct 2018, 10:31
A lady aviator...…

please post a photo of your aircraft.

ExSp33db1rd
12th Oct 2018, 09:49
Did I miss anyone?

Yorkshiremen. ( and women - just learned from the Graham Norton show that the new - female- Dr. Who is from Skelmanthorpe - kept the accent, too )