PDA

View Full Version : Best Rate off Taco in Midlands

JaketheMaggot
7th Oct 2018, 19:53
Hi, just moved recently to the Midlands, UK, only got less than 20hrs to do for my hour building, looking for a reasonable place that I could rent an aircraft which goes off Taco. Previous place I rented did that so if fly it well, can get log extra time. Some places are from start to finish so you can pay quite a lot for taxi time. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

R

TryingToAvoidCBs
8th Oct 2018, 22:08
According to another post on here back in 2012, it was stated that according to EASA:

" (g) Flight time is recorded:
(1) for aeroplanes, touring motor gliders and powered-lift aircraft,
from the moment an aircraft first moves to taking off until the
moment it finally comes to rest at the end of the flight; "

When I did my hours building regardless of where is was, my attitude was "If I'm paying for it, I'm logging it"

I'm aware some do it differently, but if you're using the schools aircraft for personal use, not training with an instructor, you should be able to log it all. Personally I "usually" log flight time + 0.2 (6 minutes either side). Have done for years, no questions asked so far.
I'm not sure whether a school can tell you what to log if you're privately hiring?

There are many different opinions on this, and although I havn't really answerred your question, it's worth a thought.

P.S Tatenhill is a nice place for aircraft hire.

PelicanSquawk
9th Oct 2018, 11:36
For hours building its brakes off until brakes on surely? That is how I have always been told to log time.