PDA

View Full Version : Do you have US VFR sectional charts from 1992-1994?

flyer101flyer
6th Oct 2018, 05:19
You can help me with a little research project if you have US VFR sectional charts from the years 1992 or 1993.

I'm actually only interested in charts whose starting effective date falls sometime between these two specific time frames--

August 21 1992 through November 11 1992 (inclusive)

or

August 20 1993 through November 10 1993 (inclusive)

All I really need is an answer to a few simple questions--

1) What is the geographic title on the chart?

2) What is the starting effective date on the chart?

3) Take a look at the legend. Which of the following is true:

a) The legend for the thin dashed magneta line says either "Class E" or "Class E airspace" (with possible additional verbiage about Canadian or other foreign airspace)

b) The legend for the thin dashed magenta line says "Control Zone at airport without control tower and Control Zone extension without communications requirement" (with possible additional verbiage about Canadian or other foreign airspace)

c) There is no legend for a thin dashed magenta line, only a legend for a thin dashed blue line, which reads simply "Control Zone" (with possible additional verbiage about Canadian or other foreign airspace)

d) none of the above (please describe)

If you prefer, just send a scan or photo of the whole legend and one of the other side showing the effective date and geographical title, but that's really not necessary.

Feel free to post to this thread, or send me a private message if you prefer.

Every answer will provide useful information even if someone else has already answered. Don't be reluctant to post just because someone else already has. However I may narrow down the dates of interest still further after I start to get some replies.

Thank you very much for your help with my esoteric project!

Steve

(edit-- dates have now been narrowed in response to reply received-- thanks!)

obgraham
6th Oct 2018, 06:46
Strangely enough, since that's when I was a PPL student, I might just have the ones you need.

Tomorrow I'll look in my "big box in the basement" and see.

flyer101flyer
6th Oct 2018, 15:41
great! Hope so--

obgraham
6th Oct 2018, 17:16
Well, well!

I have a Hawaii Sectional, 49th edition, November 11, 1993. Obsolete after May 26, 1994.

The Title is "Hawaiian Is, Mariana Is, Samoan Is"

The Legend for the thin dashed magenta says "Class E Airspace/Canadian Class D Control Zone".

I also have Memphis and Chicago sectionals, but they are dated April 29, 1993. The legend on those is what you listed as "b)" above: "Control Zone at airport without control tower and Control Zone extension without communications requirement" (with possible additional verbiage about Canadian or other foreign airspace)

I can send you a scan, but I've not figured out how to add a pdf attachment here. PM me if you want that.

Graham

flyer101flyer
6th Oct 2018, 20:17
Thank you very much! The Hawaiian Islands chart info in particular is extremely helpful. Exactly what I'm looking for.

Funny thing is I was looking at a Hawaiian Islands chart from exactly one year previous to what you mentioned, just yesterday. Not unfortunately from my own personal collection. I have been to Rota in the Mariannas but didn't exercise my license there. Sweet that you got to fly in some of those places.

No need for a scan, you covered exactly what I was looking for in your reply.

Further replies are still very welcome; note original post is now edited to a narrower window of dates of interest.

Steve