PDA

View Full Version : EASA ATPL Exams (outside UK)

tomahawk98
5th Oct 2018, 19:47
Good evening all

With the lack of certainty surrounding UK ATPL Exams and EASA validity post-Brexit, are there any countries which allow EASA ATPL exams to be sat in modules like the UK?

By this I mean:

Learn Module 1
Sit exams for Module 1

Learn Module 2
Sit exams for Module 2 (and so on...)

I recently went over to Poland and I was a bit shocked to find out that they obtain some sort of classroom certificate first, then go off and complete all of the exams whenever the student pleases! This, unfortunately, would be very tricky in my circumstances, especially around a demanding full-time job.

Cheers

TH98

paco
6th Oct 2018, 06:23
Whether you do modules or not depends on the school's approved course. Do they take all the exams at once or just in any order they choose after doing the classroom work?

phil

tomahawk98
6th Oct 2018, 10:21
Whether you do modules or not depends on the school's approved course. Do they take all the exams at once or just in any order they choose after doing the classroom work?

phil

Hi Phil

The school in Poland I looked at issued a certificate of course completion post 80 hours of classroom, allowing you to sit ALL of the exams with the Polish CAA after the training. I ideally need to take all of the ground school and exams in stages!

Thanks Windshear - I've seen Austria and Hungary mentioned before, so I'll definately check these out.

Any other suggestions for EASA states that allow the exams and theory to be taken in modules would be much appreciated. :)

Cheers

Alex

paco
6th Oct 2018, 20:20
Presumably that 80 hours is consolidation, i.e. 10% of the total. The UK does modules, and as mentioned above, Hungary or Austria. We deal with Ireland as well, and Finland, both of which are flexible that way.

tomahawk98
7th Oct 2018, 18:26
Presumably that 80 hours is consolidation, i.e. 10% of the total. The UK does modules, and as mentioned above, Hungary or Austria. We deal with Ireland as well, and Finland, both of which are flexible that way.

Thanks Phil!